03. Darling

▬▬▬▬▬

"What's up with the new boy – Jay or something?" Sunoo swings his legs on the bench, scooting closer into the shade as he eyes the crowds of people at break.

"What about him?" Jungwon mummers out incoherently before shifting uncomfortably in his seat at the mention of his name. It seems as if Jay is everywhere nowadays. After that short interaction at his house, he can't seem to escape and now even his friends are bringing him up. Great – just wonderful. He wasn't sure whether he found Jay intriguing or just weird after that interaction, maybe even sorry for him, but whatever it was he did not want to be swarmed by him all the time.

Jungwon wished he was exaggerating when he says he can't go anywhere without someone mentioning him or him just being there. In his classes, around school even when he walks home it's like he's following him. The thought made him wonder if Jay thought he was following him, and he just couldn't deal with that sort of embarrassment right now.

Sunoo chuckles and shakes his head, "That's what I was asking," he points to his classmates, "Why does everyone keep talking about him – I mean he's just a new kid!" he exaggerates to which both he and Riki shrug.

"What, are you jealous of his popularity or something?" Riki teases and Sunoo just rolls his eyes. Jungwon on the other hand is not concerned with their bickering but more with the fact that he's not the only one who's realised how popular Jay had become overnight. Did people find him just as fascinating and special as he did? The thought cooled down some of his nerves and weird thoughts, which weren't so weird to him anymore.

"Calm down, we never have any new students – let alone a new transfer student." Riki points out, "So everyone just freaking out that there's someone new - I mean he just looks regular to me." Jungwon nods slowly, but then he remembers how weird he'd been acting in their little conversation the other day.

"Yeah, everyone just overreacting as they usually do." Sunoo folds his arms over his chest and sinks down further in his seat, "You don't think there's anything special or good-looking about him, right Jungwon?" it's almost like a tease, did they realise?

"No, not at all." He quickly clears his throat and looks away, "I'm going to go use the bathroom – I'll be back." He stutters out and flees the scenery, trying to clear his head.

However, when he runs off to the bathroom, he quickly takes a look around to find that it is empty and takes a sigh of relief and leans against the door until- "Gah!" he yells out when he feels someone's hand wrap around his mouth and cling onto his wrist, pulling him into the bathroom.

"What do you want- Jay?" Jungwon is startled when he decides to face the boy that had quite literally locked him inside the school's bathroom without his consent. He feels his cheeks grow warm when he realises how Jay's almost pressed up against him, back pressing tighter against the cool door.

"We're not supposed to be here, it's the disabled bathroom, not the public one!" he shrieks. At that, Jay chuckles and brews his fingers through his hair.

"That's what you care about?" Jay smiles, amused as he perks up a brow, "Not the fact that I dragged you in here but the fact that this isn't our bathroom to use – wow."

"I would yell about that too, but you said you weren't fond of arguing and it's no use now – you've already done it!" Jungwon mummers in annoyance, crossing his arms over his chest like a child as he leans against the door, unsure of how to react to this weird occurrence.

Jay was really following him – wasn't he?

"Why did you even drag me in here – you barely even know me and now you're practically kidnapping me-"