29. Let me go

"C'mon, I don't think your parents would be very happy if their son came late from a school dance," Kiyun slings an arm over Jungwon's shoulders, "especially not when theirs troubled people."

"I'm fine actually," Jungwon shrugs the boy off and steps closer to Heeseung, "I can make my own way home," he rolls his eyes – this can't be any different from usual right?

"I swear we used to be so close," Kiyun chuckles darkly and slowly eyes the taller male beside him with disgust, "remember the first day of school – you were so scared of everything—"

"I don't even know who you are anymore," He squeezes his arm tight, fingernails digging into the fabric of his clothes. He attempts to shrink himself as if it would cause him to disappear.

"C'mon, Won don't be like—"

"Don't call me that," He mutters darkly which causes Kiyun to finally draw back, laughing angrily to himself and its clear how uncomfortable he is as well.

"Please, we're fine." Heeseung steps in when panic and fear in still in him. He can't let someone else take his punches – not again, not ever. "I think we can make our own way home so you can go back to your friends and we'll just simply go back to ours—"

Kiyun grabs Heeseung's wrist and tugs him back away from the exit of the dance which in turn causes Jungwon to stop in his tracks. "I don't think you want to be humiliated on your last day – do you?" he growls in his ear and kicks his shin, Heeseung staggering but still he doesn't fall.

"Let me go," Heeseung throws Kiyun off, causing the hall to turn and look at the boy who had just been knocked onto the floor. At first, Kiyun's ready to attack but when he notices the dozens of eyes on him and so instead he plays up his fear.

Heeseung's sudden vision of red is plagued by colour once he notices the crowd around him and now he's not so confident. Stumbling back, he quickly help Kiyun up. Smiling, he shoes everyone away now leaving Heeseung in his debt.

"See, look I'm the bigger person here," Kiyun chuckles darkly and smacks his hand on his shoulder, "I just let you get away with pushing me over so how bout it – come with me and we can leave that all in the past,"

His eyes land on Jungwon who could've escaped by now if it weren't for the fact that his loyalty was left with Heeseung. "Unless you want Jungwon to get involved,"

"Fine, but you promise to not lay a hand on Jungwon,"

Brushing Heeseung's concern off as they approach the exit, "Yeah, yeah I know."

"Or Jake I will turn on my word—"

Kiyun laughs and Heeseung feels a sudden urge to push him away, "where is he – I don't see him—"

Heeseung nearly pins him up against the wall and Kiyun probably wouldn't have cared so much if it wasn't for the fact that they would be stalling even longer than they had to, "Okay, okay jeez I was just making a polite joke."

"You probably wish I was Jake so you could bang him—" Heeseung cringes at the statement when his heart is still acing for this monster's sister but when he opens his mouth to speak all he can think about is yanking on his collar.

So, he does. However, all Kiyun does is pull himself away, holding the door open for the two and quickly scanning the hall before leaving.

None of this feels right, especially when Jungwon holds out his pinkie finger for Heeseung to hold onto just as Jay had done for him once, but Heeseung seems to be wrapped up in his own head to notice his comforting gesture.