14. surprise and excitement

When Jungwon finally meets Jay up on that offer from a few days ago, he doesn't expect to see Sunghoon or for Jay to kiss him oh-so passionately right in front of him before he can manage to get a single word out.

It takes him a second to register his swift action, hand steadying on his shoulder as he lets his worries bubble down into mere background noise. He almost forgets that they're in broad daylight.

"Oh, I didn't see you there Jungwon," Sunghoon steps out of the heaps of bushes and canopy of trees, a small but embarrassing smile evident on his lips when he looks hard enough.

Walking over to Sunghoon's side, Jay pats his shoulder, "Where's Sunoo and Riki? I thought you were with them,"

"Well, I was with them, but Riki forgot to bring his ball, and then I said it wasn't a big deal but then he said it was yours, so Sunoo went to go get it with him because he was afraid of this weird forest Jungwon's parents apparently own," Sunghoon explains as he takes a seat on the old swing.

"I didn't catch half of that but sure," Jay rests his body against the wall, squeezing Jungwon's smaller hand to reassure him that they were safe.

"Oh, look," Jungwon draws their attention to the back of his yard, "There they are," he waves at the two boys, Riki messing around with his ball while Sunoo waves with a bright smile.

"Why are we here anyway?" Riki mumbles as he kicks around Jay's ball with a subtle pout when he loses his footing, "I don't like it here – it always gives me the creep; it's all dark and scary and-"

"We're here because I said so," Sunoo cuts in as he takes a seat beside Sunghoon, Riki's pout turning into a confused stare.

"What do you mean?" Jungwon asks before Riki can. He tries to ignore the way his heart races when Jay runs his hand down his side and randomly brings him closer.

Sunoo squints his eyes with an unreadable expression but it's quite evident that he shouldn't have said his question. "I can't believe you guys already forgot," he shakes his head, but the group is still confused.

"Can you just tell us already?" Riki whines as he swivels his football between his feet.

"Jane, my gardener!" He exclaims as the group nonchalantly hums in response, "We were supposed to go and see her tomorrow to do something I- we had planned but apparently it wasn't important enough for you to remember," he folds his arms over his chest with an unamused glare.

"But that's tomorrow," Riki stops and looks up at Sunoo, "so why are you so fussed that we forgot?" he takes a seat on the swing beside Sunghoon and holds Jay's ball in his arms.

"Because-" Sunoo takes in a harsh breath to calm himself down, "because, Jane told me to tell you where she was going to take us today and I thought you would have been more excited to hear my news if knew but I guess it's pointless now,"

"I'm still curious to know," Jungwon pipes with a small smile which reassures Sunoo about his 'exciting' news, "so, go on, spill it," he chuckles and Sunoo sighs jokingly.

"Fine, fine," Sunoo holds back his smile, "since you're all begging me to say it; Jane and I thought we could take you to a place where queer people are accepted – even in Korea," he explains.

"She brought me there a couple of times and it's around where she grew up which is why she knew I wasn't straight even before I knew myself," he chuckles, "I thought you guys might learn a lot from me and she's a really great cook and she's just amazing," he gushes on, cheeks turning pink.

"So... where is this place?" Jay hums, clearly intrigued as he stops leaning against the wall.

"It's..." Sunoo approaches the older male with wide eyes who waits in anticipation, "a secret!" he bursts out with a wide grin, but Jay just rolls his eyes with a subconscious grin at the thought of such a place.

Turning his back to his friends, "That way I can keep some element of excitement and anticipation for tomorrow," "You know, after the fail today because no one knew I was going to break some exciting news today – but-"

"Just let it go," Riki shakes his head.

"But anyway," Sunoo mummers, brushing past what he thought was Riki's retort with a forced smile, "just come here same time tomorrow and then we'll go to my house okay – you have to be on time, we don't want my parents figuring out."

"Yeah, yeah we get it-"

"Wait, when are we supposed to meet you?" Jay suddenly cuts in which takes Jungwon by surprise by how he zoned out whenever Riki and Sunoo would bicker amongst themselves.

"Tomorrow," Sunghoon answers when he notices how Jay has become uncomfortable, "is that a problem?" he hums out, wearily.

"No, no..." he clears his throat and adjusts his collar, "it's just I have something to do and I'm not sure if I can make it."

"If you don't want to come, Jay, you can just say it – I won't be offended," Sunoo chuckles and waves his hands, "Okay, I might be a *little* offended but what do you expect," he tries to ease the mood, but Jay is still trying to fight his case.

"No, I do want to go," Jay steps closer to Sunoo with a pleading gaze, "but I'm not sure I'll make it here in time." Not without getting caught by either my or Jungwon's parents.

Jungwon realises what Jay is alluding to – his 'reversion therapy' from his parents every Thursday. Turning to face Jay, he squeezes his hand. "Is it about my parents-"

"We can't just leave Jay behind," Sunghoon stands up and spares a glance at the older, "We can all just make an excuse for Jay – that's not so hard is it?" everyone's eyes now set on Jay who nods wearily.

Jungwon can tell the thought that Jay had only complied because everyone was counting on him to let their adventure continue but he didn't say a word. "Yeah, I'm sure that'll work..." clearing his throat again, Jay forces his posture back up.

"We can all come here after school, tell your parents it's a study group since you failed...an um... science test and how could they not let you stay over?" Riki jumbles out a random plan that came way too easily to him, but the rest of his friend group seems to accept it.

"So, we come here earlier?" Jay asks and the rest of them nod in agreement, "right after school... got it."

"My parents are at work until 6:00 so it gives us enough time to come here and get out without them realising," Jungwon reassures his friends, but it was mostly targeted at Jay.

"Sounds good," Sunoo grins from ear to ear, "remember, tomorrow, after school and be quick!" he's unable to hide his excitement when they are forced to depart from Jungwon's backyard – taking separate ways home  which leaves Jungwon alone with Jay for a quick second.

"You okay?"

"Perfectly fine," He smiles and dips down to press a kiss on his knuckle, "goodbye my forbidden love, until tonight,"

Jungwon chuckles with hot cheeks as he nods, "Until tonight..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬

Nearly forgot to update but don't worry I didn't forget 🙃🙃
Hope you guys are enjoying my story so far :]] we still haven't gotten to the meat of it yet so enjoy 😉