11. girl

▬▬▬▬▬▬

It had almost been a month since Jay and his family had moved into the city, much to his surprise, and more than a couple of weeks since he began seeing Jungwon behind both their parents' backs.

Seoul is just as filtered as he remembered. Buildings, skyscrapers, billboards, and religious monuments – all of it was just as he expected when he moved back into the city. It was a stark contrast from the usual quiet land field that he was met with, after all his parents did own a business in farming but now that was all gone. He would have to leave everything he had built behind just like his parents, friends, relationships, and status everything all gone in one fell swoop.

Jay wondered if he would ever adjust.

He remembered how big they were on perfection, purity, religion, and about everything Jay just didn't agree with anymore but that's why his parents bought him to such a conservative city in the first place – to get rid of his homosexuality. That single thought made him feel both sick and guilty. His love for the same sex would suddenly be cured through therapy from some business that would also apparently help them get their farm and home back in the countryside.

And as much as he tried to conceal it, Jay was so afraid. More scared and worried than he had been about anything else in his entire life. And maybe that was why he had grown fond of Jungwon as fast as he did and why he didn't want to give up on him.

Yang Jungwon was more than perfect in his eyes. He was intriguing, beautiful, exquisite, and perhaps he was too obedient and a perfectionist. Jay found Jungwon so fascinating, so fixated on the idea of perfect which somehow became his duty to break Jungwon away from such unrealistic expectations, but it was evident that it wouldn't be so easy especially because the dark-haired male had never gone against any rules in his entire life.

And maybe it was for the best that finally Jungwon was doing what he wanted for a change.

Jay can't hide his attraction for the boy anymore. His sweet smile, adorable bread cheeks, flustered expressions, and boundless knowledge made him fall for Jungwon even more. It always seems to be Jungwon who ignites their kisses, asking him or simply closing the gap because of all the countless times he had told the younger that he doesn't need to ask. Whenever it's just the two of them they can't help but sin, it's the only time they can and so they make the most out of their time with each other.

He just can't get enough of Jungwon, and he supposes the younger has caught onto it. So, when night falls they scramble down to Jungwon back yard or to a baren park with the gates still open to talk about anything and everything until they're forced to go back to bed. Jay practically knows everything about Jungwon. He knows that he's horrible at video games, that his favourite sport is taekwondo (because that's the only one he would ever invest his time into), that he hates school assemblies and only eats apricots dried. Those little details about him and whatever would pop up in their nightly conversations, Jay swore to never forget.

Under the stars and beautiful night sky, all the rules are far away from reaching boundless against the silence of their nights together. It's the one time they don't have to be careful and can love each other openly just as other heterosexual couples could in the blue sky. It has sort of become an unspoken routine to meet each other at the far ends of Jungwon's backyard and hide in his old swing set.

It's practically all Jay looks forward to so whenever night falls he's always the first one to reach Jungwon's backyard, but today, Jungwon had beat him to it.

"Jay!" Jungwon squeaks out in surprise, "don't scare me like that," he whisper-shouts at the older, throwing a curled fist at his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," He mumbles through his silent laughter fit, the younger shoving his shoulder again. In retaliation, Jay begins tickling Jungwon's side. It ends up with Jungwon pressed up again a wall as Jay tickles him mercilessly, desperately trying to push him away as tears begin to pool in his eyes from how much he was laughing.