05. Don't be afraid

▬▬▬▬▬

"Jungwon, could you get the door?"

A soft groan leaves the tired boy's lips, rolling off his bed and slumping down the stairs, not in the mood to upset his parents or cause a fuss when he already felt like falling into a land of dreams and escaping the hell that is extra, extra schoolwork.

However, when Jungwon opens the door he is suddenly wide awake when he realises Jay is at the door.

Jungwon swallows uneasily, his irises darting between Jay's unusually comfortable smile, his glowing blonde locks, and the slightly ajar door leading to his living room then further down a few rooms to his parents' office. He wasn't sure how to respond. His parents had told him strictly not to talk to Jay, but he was unsure whether he should listen to his temptations or simply call his parents and run away from the situation.

"I don't have much time, Won," Jay quickly stumbles out, pulling him out of his house and outside with him, causing a yelp to leave his lips.

Jungwon overlooks the nickname and stutters out a "What do you mean?" his voice is a harsh whisper when he realises his parents could catch him at any point.

"I know we're not supposed to talk," He mummers while still holding onto Jungwons wrist, "My parents told me and so did yours," he chuckles and Jungwon can't find any reason why he would be laughing at such a situation.

He isn't so sure why he's allowing himself to sin – be imperfect – to go against his parents just so he can talk to a boy who has such clashing ideals with him but that's what made him so special.... His flaws.

The thought makes him blush, quickly looking down at such absurd ideas and hoping they wouldn't warp themselves into something vulgar like romantic feelings, especially with the fact that his parents and Jay's parents had claimed that he was homosexual. He could not be a catalyst in such sin for someone he couldn't help but see as perfect.

"I have to go now," Jay's velvety voice snaps Jungwon out of his trace, cheeks heating at how close they were. He could feel his warm breath tickle his skin as he almost pressed his lips against his ear, "meet me behind your house when my parents come at 3," he quickly mummers before turning around and escaping, their shoulders gently brushing which somehow struck something inside Jungwon.

"Hey, Jay?" He's not sure why he calls out his name again, knowing full well that if he ever got caught talking to him there would be major consequences he had been avoiding ever since he could remember but he still risked it all to ask some dumb question he wasn't even sure was worth it. The blonde-haired male pauses for a second, still calm despite nearly dashing home moments ago, sparing the most magnificent smile that seemed to burn the question into ashes. He wasn't so sure what to say anymore.

Jay walks closer and smirks, "Yeah?" Jungwon quickly waves his hand and shakes his head, swallowing hard as he tries to push out something audible before they would get caught.

"N-nothing," He smiles through his teeth, "and go, q-quickly. My parents could come out at any time."

"Sure thing," Jay mummers before hurrying off, "and remember – three o'clock – when my parents come!" he spares a glance at Jungwon who smiles brightly and nods, jamming himself back into his house before anything could happen.

"Jungwon, who was at the door?" His mother peers out the open door, Jungwon holds his breath but manages to pull on a smile. Lying feels so odd he thought.

"It was just Riki," He nods, "he just wanted a game I borrowed from him that's all." His mother seems to buy his lie – it's not like she wouldn't – he wasn't one to lie.