15. Don't give up

"I missed you,"

That was the first thing Jay said to Jungwon when night fell, the two of them in his parent's backyard – this time further back – the two sharing a sweet kiss under the blanket of stars.

Jungwon is the first to pull away, running his thumb over Jay's cheek as he chuckles and shakes his head at his statement. He doesn't let Jungwon's questionable response phase him from attacking his sides, making the younger burst out laughing.

"You just saw me- stop!" He squeals and Jay gives in faster than he had expected, now pressing ticklish kisses to his neck instead which still caused him to laugh but also for his tummy to flutter.

Jay lets Jungwon go and rests his body on the cold brick wall surrounding the backyard, "is there something wrong with missing someone?" He raises a brow at Jungwon who merely blushes.

"I didn't say that" Jungwon points out, now facing parallel to the older, "I'm not very fond of liars." He teases the older by mimicking his voice and turning his back to hide his mischievous grin.

"Hey-" Jay grabs his shoulder and wraps his arms around Jungwon's waist. He squeezes it tightly which causes Jungwon to shut his eyes and hold his breath.

"Hey Jungwon," He whispers softly against his cool skin. The way he calls out his name makes his heart flutter in a way only one nickname ever could. His breath stills as he nods stiffly wanting him to call him darling just once.

"Y-yes...?" He mutters out, hating how his voice is brittle and airy just like the first time they met. The blanket of darkness shrouding them hides his flustered expression well enough.

"...you smell nice." Jay chuckles and presses a kiss to Jungwon's neck before letting him go. He giggles at Jay's silly response, but it still manages to make his pulse race, finally cooling down when he lets his waist go.

"It's my sister's perfume," Jungwon admits as he rubs his nape, "she realised I really liked the smell, so she just let me have it." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Can I borrow it sometime?" Jay's grin seems to ignite the sheet of black brighter than the specks of stars do and because of the glow, Jungwon nearly lets Jay's question slip past, "I think it would be better than back hugging you all the time and stealing your clothes," he approaches Jungwon so that they're only mere inches apart.

"Sure," he doesn't let himself falter around Jay, trying to remain calm so that he will force the older to try harder.

Once they settle down on the swing, the moon coats their skin in dull light as they sit in silence for a second. Jay scoots over to the younger and rests his arm around his shoulder as he lets out a weak sigh.

"Can I admit something, darling?" He mumbles. His mannerisms clearly show that he's nervous, so he simply nods.

"I'm nervous." Jay simply states and Jungwon furrows his brows. Sighing again, he shakes his blonde hair out of his face and tries again, "About tomorrow and... you know, your parents."

Jungwon immediately reaches over and squeezes Jay's hand which he's left resting on the edge of the swing, "don't worry – I promise nothing will happen." He smiles widely, "I promise, Jay."

"You can't make promises you can't keep, Won..." He hesitates. Looking away, he's almost afraid to face Jungwon again and his frown.

Jungwon opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out, so he succumbs to the silence, "I-"

Jay turns to face Jungwon and cups his cheek with a genuine smile that seems to comfort the younger, "I didn't mean it like that- what I mean is I'm sorry."