10. Lost

▬▬▬▬▬▬

Another week goes by since the incident and Jungwon couldn't say whether his distance from Jay was intentional or not. However, their unspoken distance would now come to an end when Sunoo's birthday consisted of his small group of friends, some classmates and of course Jay.

He thought Sunoo was on his side, but it seemed as if fate wanted nothing more than to bring them back together.

"How did you manage to keep your hair so nice?" Riki exasperates, the duo standing outside of Sunoo's porch. Usually, Jungwon's style was more casual around his friends, but his parents insisted to fix up his attire especially when he was 'representing' his family to Sunoo's parents.

Honestly, Jungwon's just glad his clothes still fit comfortably on his body and don't look too overdressed compared to his friends. Everyone in their city was really uptight about their reputation to other people so he supposed everyone had gotten used to it by now.

"I dunno," Jungwon lets slang slip past his lips which makes him feel a little relaxed, "my parents were so caught up on fixing my hair like that's what everyone would be paying attention to," he sighs with a simple smile as Riki chuckles quietly to himself.

"Oh, you're actually surprisingly early," Jungwon's body freezes, words caught in his throat when the person that opens the door is not his bubbly friend but instead Jay, smiling sweetly at them both.

"Really?" Riki pipes, obvious to the awkward predicament that has fallen on him. Looking away, he attempts to hide his flushed cheeks when Jay's shoulder bumps against his own. Their eyes meet for a split second and somehow, he manages to hold the eye contact for a few seconds.

"It's only really me, Sunoo, Kagyu and another girl from his history class or something," Jay waves his hand, "I'm not sure, but in short, it's just us." Riki nods and the two of them follow him into the living room.

Looking around the house, Riki peered into the kitchen and spotted everyone messing around the garden until Sunoo's birthday would commence. But more importantly than that, he spotted a table full of medium-sized slushies, "Do you guys want something to drink?"

When Jungwon turns to look at Jay, he hums a nonchalant 'yeah' which leaves the two alone again. A gentle silence breezes past the two as Jay looks around the large living room. It was quite a cold day for summer, Seoul summers weren't usually blazing hot which made it a lot harder to make an excuse for any visible blush on his face.

Jungwon then hears Jay shutting the door to the kitchen after picking up a plate of something and setting it on the table. His mind snaps out of his weird uncomfortable trance as his eyes follow the older male into the room. He looks back at his feet, breath stilling in his throat when Jay fills up the empty space behind him.

"You made Riki get us some drink just so we could be alone together?" Jay chuckles quietly to himself as he shakes his head, "Clever." He whispers out, body pressing closer to Jungwon's and now he can no longer ignore him.

Jungwon swallows, breaths uneasy when he feels Jay's breath tickle the edge of his lips, "N-no... that's not why I-" When Jay's hand reaches out for his index finger, lightly grasping it, he stops arguing, "They'll see us-"

"Don't worry, darling," Jay mummers with a comforting smile, fully interlocking their hands as he pulls them closer, "They're all out in the back, we're okay."

"But what about Riki?" Jungwon suddenly remembers, squeezing Jay's hand when his heart begins to race. His brows furrow when his eyes meet the olders calm ones, uneasy breaths stilling into silence.