32. Always you and me

▬▬▬▬▬▬

Night has fallen by the time Jay gets home. He's a little take back but not at all surprised since he usually avoids his parents when he doesn't feel his best, them usually opting to pick the least effective methods to cheer him up.

To him, it seemed pretty reasonable not to feel totally comfortable blurting out the fact that everyone in his team is calling him slurs because his boyfriend has been outed as gay. Yeah, maybe not just yet.

He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair, but when he approaches his block he notices Jungwon's room still light with a warm yellow. Usually, he would be asleep by now or at least pretending to, so he becomes unsure whether he should linger to see if he's alright or just head home.

Jay purses his lips and looks at the streets in search of a rock or small pebble he could toss up at Jungwon's window. He bends down and searches the patio but everything seems way too big and he's not ready to pay for a repair or to get Jungwon in trouble with his parents.

"Ah ha!" He mutters quietly to himself and snatches a grey stone off the floor about the size of his thumb. Jay swiftly hits Jungwon's window and hopes the dull thud will be enough to catch his attention.

After a while, he begins to wonder whether Jungwon has just fallen asleep with his lights still on and decides it would be best just to get home until he notices Jungwon struggling to unlock the window.

He smiles widely at the boy but it's too dark for either of them to see each other faces what he does see is the rope Jungwon slowly releases to him. Looking around quickly, Jay grabs onto the rope and begins to climb up it.

His body is still sore from practice and practically throws himself at the wall in sadness and frustration, but he continues to pull himself up as fast as he can so as not to worry Jungwon that his parents may catch him.

However, when he sees the state Jungwon is in, his heart begins to beat erratically and there's some sting that spreads like wildfire against the sensitive tissues – he doesn't even know how to describe but his body lunges at Jungwon, arms wrapped tightly around his weak figure and almost immidetaly Jungwon begins to sob into his shoulder.

"Hey, hey it's okay darling—" Jungwon quickly cuts him off by pulling him closer and pressing his lips swiftly onto his own, tugging desperately at his collar as tears continue to streak down his face.

Jay's heart burns at Jungwon's desperate actions. He slowly eases himself into his touch but pulls away before he deepens the kiss – he knows Jungwon is upset, angry, frustrated just like him but he doesn't want to take advantage of his desperate state even if Jungwon says he's okay with it.

"It's okay, my love, it's all okay..." He whispers into his ear before placing a gentle kiss on his forehead, letting Jungwon rest his head on his chest instead of his shoulder.

He shivers when Jungwon squeezes his waist weakly. He runs his fingers through Jungwon's dark hair, he whispers sweet nothings in his ear that even he himself doesn't believe – he knows things won't be okay, not for a long while, but until then he'll be there.

He will always be there.

"Jay, they know – they know I'm gay..." He screams muffle against his chest and all of a sudden Jay himself isn't sure whether he feels alright anymore. His head feels light and dizzy – how much do they know? Do they know that he's his boyfriend? Do they know how he was outed? Everything flashes all too quickly.

"They don't love me – they want me gone, Jay! Wh-where... what, how am I going to—" His voice is too frail, too broken, too weak for him to speak, so he stops and continues to let his tears fall.