Chapter 55

- FIVE MONTHS LATER -

"Eunchae are you ready?" Yunjin stuck her head into Eunchae's bedroom after calling her for the fifth time in ten minutes. A smile spread over her face when she saw Eunchae was carefully sprinkling food into her fish tank. The fifty gallon tank she bought while expensive, was probably the best thing Yunjin had ever purchased- well aside from their house.

Fortunately they won the bid for the house across the street from Kyujin. The neighborhood was great, quiet, tucked away from the main road but close enough Yunjin could make a trip to the store by just walking. She missed her old apartment sometimes, but now she saw the appeal of being a homeowner. Chaewon was constantly coming home to the sight of Yunjin fixing or redoing something in their house, and turns out she wasn't half bad at it. In the past month she put new hardwood flooring in the kitchen and living room because she thought it was stupid to hire someone else to do it. Their kitchen was beautiful now as well, Yunjin having replaced their backsplash and painted the cabinets one consistent theme. Never underestimate the power of Kim Yunjin and YouTube tutorials.

Her pride and joy so far was by far Eunchae's room. It was right across the hall from Yunjin and Chaewon's, and when they first moved it was like pulling teeth to get Eunchae in her own room for the night. So Yunjin took it upon herself to decorate Eunchae's room. They spent a solid month on it, and it was beautiful. The walls were now a light blue, with little fish painted on it. LED lights wrapped around the ceiling, and they put a little dog bed next to Eunchae's which was never used because the dogs always just slept on Eunchae's actual bed but it still was cute. The crown jewel was the fish tank though. They had gone to the fish store together, picking out fish and they had become Eunchae's babies. She was really good at caring for them too, washing the tank once a week, feeding them the perfect amount.

" Yeah ." Eunchae set down the food container and got off the little red step stool. She was already dressed, just in a nice blouse and jeans, Chaewon nearly disagreed but Yunjin had already approved so she couldn't go against her. They needed to pick their battles, and Eunchae wearing this versus her Shark costume was something she'd gladly take. Everyone was already waiting at the courthouse, and Chaewon was starting to freak out about them being late. Eunchae picked her arms up, a signal she wanted to be picked up so Yunjin obliged tucking her onto her hip and making their way downstairs. Chaewon was already waiting for them, paperwork in her hands as she frantically waved her arms.

"We need to go!"

"Baby, we have a few minutes."

Chaewon still rushed them there in record time. All their friends were already there by the time they arrived, gathered around the entrance to the court. They were all waving them- wait.

Yunjin was going to make an orphan out of Yeji and Hyunjin.

Kazuha brought up the idea of getting Happy Eunchae Day shirts for everyone weeks ago, but Yunjin had shot it down and that was supposed to be the end of it. But now, here they were all of them wearing a matching mint green shirt with the words printed onto the along with a shark and penguin. Hell, even the babies had one. How the fuck did they manage to get one that sized.

"There she is!" Seungwan cheered as Taeyong took out his camera to take photos of Eunchae. "It's the special girl!"

And Eunchae blossomed under the attention, letting herself get led inside with Yunjin and Chaewon trailing closely behind. Just like their wedding, Yunjin didn't realize how full the courtroom would be until they actually were in there. Unlike last time this courtroom was filled with life, promises of a future instead of the chains of the past weighing them down. Originally Eunchae had been a bit hesitant to go back, but now she seemed content settling into her lap as the judge walked in.