Chapter 11

"Where are we going?" Eunchae asked for what had to be the sixth time in three minutes, peering anxiously out the window as Yunjin pulled into a parking lot of a building both of them have never been to before. Her anxiety wasn't subtle at all, squirming in the backseat, demanding answers from Yunjin.

"We're going to meet Dr.Lee." Yunjin relayed once again, pulling the car into a parking space. Eunchae furrowed her eyebrows at that, it was too vague for her liking. Yunjin just didn't have the energy to try and explain it all to her. After Eunchae's confessions, Yunjin had called Hanni the next day, relaying the general outline of what she had been told. While it did feel like a minor breach in Eunchae's trust, Yunjin desperately needed some advice on what exactly she should do from here. Hanni was quiet the entire phone call, before calling the detective back two hours later with references for her to read and an appointment with a therapist the school was in contact with; Lee Sumni. Yunjin had a phone call with the therapist earlier in the day, getting her up to speed with what she knew and kind of how Eunchae worked, that Eunchae was very cryptic with how she phrased things.

"Who's that?"

"Someone's who wants to help you."

"Why?"

"Because that's what she does, help people." Yunjin parked the car successfully, tapping on the steering wheel once before unbuckling seatbelt. After quickly heading around the car and getting Eunchae out, they were starting to walk hand in hand into the small office. The inside was much more inviting than the outside, a colorful waiting room filled with comfy chairs and toys for the kids to play with. Trying to make everything seem not scary and stressful. They didn't have to wait long, being called into the office. The office was much like the waiting room, except this time there was a doctor waiting, sitting on the floor behind this small table. "C'mon in guys."

The pair took a seat opposite her, Eunchae making her way onto Yunjin's lap almost immediately. Yunjin told her this person wanted to help, so this person had to be good. She could be a big girl and do this...it just helped if Yunjin was right there to protect her. Yunjin was big and warm, it was comforting. The doctor smiled, "So nice to meet you two, I'm Sunmi. And you're Eunchae right?"

Eunchae nodded shyly.

"So did Yunjin tell you what this place is?"

"You're going to help me."

"Right!" Sunmi smiled, relaxing her posture, "You and I can talk about anything that bugs you or you feel bad about. And guess what, it will only stay between you and me."

"Yunjin's not going to stay?" A hint of panic fled into Eunchae's voice.

"Today she can," Sunmi said, eyes flittering up to meet Yunjin's. She's thinking, Yunjin isn't sure about what. "But I think you and I should hang out alone next time."

Eunchae seemed very reluctant to that idea.

"Is there anything you like to do Eunchae? Play with dolls, draw, maybe trucks?" Sunmi asked, not letting the kindergartener dawn on that too much.

"I like to draw."

"You do? Me too!" Sunmi cheered, getting up and went to grab something from the back of the room. She came back with a small stack of paper and a pack of crayons, laying them on the table between the two parties. "Do you want to draw with me?"

After looking at Yunjin for reassurance, Eunchae agreed, leaning forwards, slid a piece of paper and started to work on a drawing. Watching Eunchae draw was always nice, the girl would get lost temporarily trying to jot down whatever was on her mind at the moment. Today, Yunjin assumed Eunchae was feeling a bit uneasy, the drawing had just Eunchae alone, and there were a lot of dark and muted colors in the picture. Eunchae had been a bit off after spilling everything, waking up throughout the night more, just staring off into space. But she almost seemed, happier? It was strange. She didn't move around with the same weight she used to, now she looked lighter, brighter, happier. It took Yunjin by surprise when a bright yellow figure appeared in Eunchae's drawing, smiling and holding her hand, another one appearing on the other side.