Chapter 51

She could still leave. She had the opportunity to bounce before the therapist actually got there. Her old therapist would probably still see her if she asked, and she wouldn't have to go through all this again. It was just exhausting, having to go over everything even though someone else already knew, plus she had no idea who this new person was.

Yunjin's leg kept bouncing as she looked around the office. It was a bit more comfy than the other one that always smelt like hospital. It had an incredibly comfortable blue couch, a matching armchair, and a desk. She was nervous, meeting new people always did that to her. She tried to distract herself by standing up and looking at the frames on the walls.

There were multiple pictures of two young girls, they must have been around Eunchae's age. One had full bangs, smiling up at the camera while the other who was a bit taller held up bunny ears behind her head and smiled as well. They were cute. There was another with the two of them and a woman. She was gorgeous, dressed to the nines, but still had this cute little gummy smile she was right next to- wait.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. My last client ran a bit over-" She knew that voice.

She spun around, pausing when she saw the woman who just walked in. The therapist paused as well. "Jisoo?"

Wait, Kim Jisoo? Her Kim Jisoo? Her junior year chemistry tutor, that just happened to make her realize that yeah she actually liked women in a way that wasn't just admiration. She looked older now, but not in a bad way. She looked mature, like she had grown into herself. It made Yunjin smile a bit. She was wearing an expensive looking suit, and had the same shocked expression Yunjin was wearing.

"Yunjin?"

"So this is what you've been up to all this time." Yunjin chuckled, making her way over to Jisoo.

The therapist rubbed a hand on the back of her neck and nodded a bit sheepishly, "Yeah. It's good to see you again Yunjin, you look nice."

"Thanks."

Jisoo took a seat in her chair, motioning for the detective to take a seat on the couch. Jisoo looked a bit troubled, and Yunjin got why. When Yunjin needed her, she abandoned her. Even back then Yunjin understood though, she needed to look out for her own safety and seeing how Yunjin was struggling as well they just weren't meant to be. But now for her to show up at Jisoo's work, her trauma therapy was probably concerning for the older.  It did make Yunjin a bit curious though, how she went from that to specializing in LGBT patients.

She decided to start light, "Are those your girls?" She pointed at the frames on the wall.

"Yeah those are my kids, Lisa and Chaeyoung. And my wife Jennie." Jisoo smiled.

"How old are they?"

"Lisa is four, Chaeyoung is five."

"They're around my daughter's age then." Yunjin smiled, "She's six."

"You have a daughter?" Jisoo smiled as well, eyes flickering down the ring on Yunjin's finger. "What's her name?"

"Eunchae."

Things fell into a gentle rhythm after that. And before either of them knew it their time was up and it was time for Yunjin to leave. It felt good, like catching up with an old friend. Maybe it should have been a bit concerning how easily Yunjin was able to open up with her already instead of dancing around topics like she had done with her previous therapist. It was only their first session but Yunjin could see this was going to go well. She needed it to go well.

"Are you all set?" Chaewon smiled, standing up when she saw Yunjin approaching. She slung her tan tote bag over her shoulder, reaching out a hand for Yunjin to take, which the detective gladly did. "How did it go?"