Chapter 20

"Should we wake them up?"

Yunjin could just feel Chaewon smiling over at her from where she was sat at the kitchen table, cup of coffee in hand, still in her pink barbie branded pajama pants and black oversized sleep shirt, hair wet and dripping onto her shoulders, finishing her look off with circular specs. Yunjin herself was still in her sleep shorts and top, gently pacing through the kitchen. It was nearly nine, and Eunchae and Kyujin still haven't emerged from her room. They had lasted the whole night in there with the dog, allowing Chaewon to slip into Yunjin's bed with Grumpy. But when Eunchae hadn't woken her up and still hasn't emerged from the bedroom nearly an hour after she usually did, Yunjin was starting to question it.

Chaewon just giggled, taking another sip from her cup, a blue mug with yellow fish painted onto it, "They probably just stayed up late last night, we did hear them giggling until what ten? That's kinda late for Eunchae."

"I know, I know." Yunjin waved a hand, taking one of the bananas off of the counter before stopping, "Are you sure I shouldn't just check on them."

"If that'll stop whatever this is, please."

Sticking her tongue out at Chaewon, she made her way out of the kitchen and down the hall to Eunchae's closed door. Cautiously she opened it just peeking her head in. Both Eunchae and Kyujin were curled up on the bed, most of the blankets were on Kyujin's side, just a small corner covering Eunchae. Eunchae had peng in her arms, similarly, Kyujin had her stuffed dog in her arms as well, snoring softly into its fur. Rey was curled up on the end of the bed, wagging his tail as he got up and stretched at the end of the bed. He shook his body, the jangling of his collar stirring Eunchae who opened an eye and looked around. Internally, Yunjin was expecting Eunchae to start freaking out trying to figure out where she was, but instead, she just looked over at Kyujin and smiled, wrapping her arms around her friend before noticing Yunjin in the doorway, sending her an excited wave. All the movement stirred Kyujin, who was now pouting and opening her eyes. Yunjin opened the door a bit so the dog could walk out, before closing it giving the girls a bit of privacy. She walked back into the kitchen where Chaewon was refilling her coffee.

"The verdict is?"

"They just woke up." Yunjin took down a mug as well, holding it out and letting Chaewon fill it up for her, "We don't have to leave for a little while, I just wanted to check if she was okay."

"You're cute, you know that?" Chaewon smiled into her cup, before making her way to the fridge to grab a few things to make for breakfast. Yunjin wrapped her arms around her waist as she did so,  letting the woman start to cook some eggs as she rested her chin on her shoulder occasionally pressing small kisses to her neck. It took a few minutes before Eunchae and Kyujin were walking into the kitchen, sitting at the table as Chaewon scooped the eggs onto the plate.

Yunjin took her seat opposite of the girls, watching as Kyujin put a bit of her eggs on Eunchae's plate before Eunchae shook her head and put it back. The whole sleepover really did prove two things to Yunjin, One, Kyujin was extremely smart. Eunchae had always bragged about how smart Kyujin was, never jealous of her friend but excited that someone as smart as Kyujin would be her friend. But it was clear Kyujin had a very, very clear understanding of the situation at hand and how she should try to handle it. Little things throughout their friendship that Eunchae mentioned started this train of thought, how she would sneak Eunchae in at night, even the notebook that Eunchae would bring everywhere. But throughout the night Kyujin would do small things such as letting Eunchae choose what she wanted to play with first, complimenting Eunchae on her hair which Chaewon had braided, never bringing up things that made Eunchae upset. All things she knew Eunchae never had the privilege of experiencing before. Kyujin was not only book smart, but extremely emotionally intelligent as well. And Two, for every bit Kyujin seemed to care about Eunchae, Eunchae adored her back. Eunchae was constantly making sure she felt included or was comfortable. It was nice to see.

Talking to the moonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara