Chapter 27

Chaewon has dealt with death a few times in her life.

Her dad died suddenly when she was young, and her mother followed soon after. Her adoptive grandmother passed away from old age, even she herself had a near-death experience when she was in high school when a car decided it wanted to hit her as she rode her bike to school on the sidewalk. Death was scary, death was something that made her feel uneasy. Yunjin never shared her same sentiment. She didn't fear death, it was a part of life. Yunjin would die and that was it, lights out, game over. Chaewon thought she was reckless, Yunjin thought she was realistic. Both of them have almost had to cross the river, Chaewon with that driver and Yunjin by her own hand, Chaewon could never understand why Yunjin was at such peace with it. Chaewon was completely terrified by the idea of death.

That fear was reignited as soon as she opened the door after dinner to two officers standing there with grim expressions. Yunjin hadn't texted her again after the one asking if she had arrived or responded to the voicemail Eunchae left her asking if she was busy. Chaewon didn't think much of it, she was probably busy. She was still mad, especially when she didn't show up for dinner. But that anger turned into pure terror as she opened the door and they told her Yunjin had been shot twice, once in the stomach, another time in the left arm. She was in emergency surgery, and that they had no word on her condition.

Chaewon's world had been flipped upside down.

Eunchae could tell something was wrong immediately, getting nervous as Chaewon closed the door rushed into Yunjin's room grabbed a bag, and started throwing some of her clothes in it. "Chaewon?"

"Eunchae, go pack a bag, we're going to go somewhere and I don't know when we are coming back."

"Where-"

"Please."

It took fifteen minutes for them to gather everything, and rush to the hospital. Chaewon knew she should probably inform Eunchae to what was going on, but she didn't know how and she didn't want her to freak out just yet. Eunchae nearly tripped a few times as they were walking, Chaewon racing towards the emergency wing, doubling her speed and nearly dragging Eunchae as she spotted Sakura. "What happened?"

"We went after that Viper guy and he shot her." Sakura sounded pissed, running a hand through her hair, "Dumbass decided to chase him without backup and got shot."

"Is she okay?" Chaewon knew she sounded desperate, her tone teary.

"Her heart stopped for two minutes in the ambulance." Chaewon thought she was going to pass out. "They brought her back though, and the last I heard she's going to be okay. The bullet when clean through her shoulder, but they had to remove the bullet from her stomach-"

"Yunjinnie is hurt?" Eunchae was confused.

"And make sure she wasn't internally bleeding, she lost a lot of blood. She's resting in her room right now, she's not awake. I came out here to see if you wanted me to watch Eunchae for a bit, she might get scared seeing her like that."

"Yunjin is hurt?" Eunchae cut in again, frustration that no one was listening to her evident in her tone. Chaewon was too frazzled to think about how to word it, she couldn't handle Eunchae flipping out because she was upset. Thankfully, Sakura was trained for this.

She got down to Eunchae's level with a bit of effort, her baby bump was starting to effect movement. "Yunjin went after bad guys today she just got a little booboo."

"Is she okay?"

"Mhmm," Sakura reassured, "How about you and I stay here while Chaewon goes and visits her and we can draw Yunjin a picture? She's really sleepy right now so if all of us go in we might wake her up, and she won't be able to get better if she gets up."