Chapter 53

"Baby shark do-"

"If you sing that one more time, I'm going to turn us around and go home. I'm not kidding."

Kyujin was a great kid, she really was. But Yunjin was about ready to feed her to the sharks if she got Eunchae to sing baby shark with her one more time. First time it was cute, second time was a bit annoying, now on their- what were they on? Seven? Eight? Honestly she didn't care anymore, they just needed to stop.

Seeing fish day, as Eunchae has coined it, was upon them. And to say Eunchae was ecstatic the entire morning would be the understatement of the century. She woke up before both Yunjin (not unusual) and Chaewon(highly unusual), bouncing around about how excited she was to see the fish. They did have one set back of Eunchae wanting to wear her shark costume, which Yunjin shot down, instead compromising Eunchae was allowed to wear her sweatshirt she got for Christmas that had various fish stitched into the sleeves and she could bring Peng. The swung by Kyujin's house and picked the girl up, which might have been a mistake because she started singing Baby Shark and Yunjin wanted to throw her out onto the highway.

This was going to be a nice little break. Their wedding was literally in five days, and while Yunjin spent a good portion of her time freaking out about that, she needed time to relax as well. Everything was ready. Chaewon's parents were flying in, the music, the cake, the dresses, decorations, it was all set. It wasn't going to be something big, just a small little gathering with all their friends. Just the way Yunjin liked it.

The aquarium they were at today was bigger than the one Eunchae and Yunjin went to last time, a personal favorite of the detective. While Eunchae seemed slightly bummed that they were going to a different one, she didn't seem to care that much as soon as she walked in. Tugging Yunjin along as she looked up at multicolored fish.

"Kyujin look!" Eunchae pointed at a tank that was taller than her, her eyes just reaching the bottom of it, "It's Nemo."

"Eunchae's excited." Chaewon hummed, intertwining her fingers with Yunjin's.

"Yeah. She had a great time when we came to one of these last time."

"That was almost a year ago now?"

Holy shit. She was right. Where had the time gone? Almost a year. Yunjin found Eunchae near the end of March, and now the first week of March was approaching again. That was insane. How could so much change in such a small amount of time?

"Eunchae," Yunjin called, holding out her hand, "You need to stay with us."

While the kindergartener did walk over close to them, she didn't grab Yunjin's hand. Instead she grabbed Kyujin's. Sorry, was Yunjin's hand not good enough for her? But Kyujin looked happy, letting Eunchae tug her along as they started walking through the aquarium pointing out fish that Eunchae liked. Chaewon must've saw Yunjin pouting at being rejected, because she playfully bumped her. "Stop it."

"What am I doing?"

"Let her have fun with her friend."

"I am!"

"Look! They're feeding the fish!" Eunchae shouted, while Yunjin probably should have reminded her about her volume but she looked so excited looking at a big tank full of various sea life that had a few feeder fish dumped into it. Eunchae turned around suddenly, looking at Chaewon and Yunjin, her eyes scrunched up and her gums showing, "Kyujin and I are going to live together when we're older." Eunchae announced, "She's going to be a puppy doctor and I'm going to be a fish doctor and we're going to have puppies and fish in our house."

"Mhm." Kyujin hummed in agreement, "Four puppies and a whole big tank of fish!"

Um no. Eunchae was going to stay little and in Yunjin's house forever. She wasn't allowed to grow up. Oh no, she was going to get big and start having an attitude. Could she deal with grumpy monster teenage Eunchae? Then adult Eunchae, and- married, Mom Eunchae. That very thought made her want to shudder. She looked down at the kindergarten who was looking around at all the fish decorations, "Why don't you just live with us forever?"