Chapter 54

Yunjin was going to throw up. She really was. She couldn't do this. What was she thinking? The detective paced back and forth, looking at the closed doors that would lead to where the ceremony would take place. She could already hear soft chatter of their friends waiting patiently, Chaewon's mom was in there too. She hadn't had a chance to say hi yet, mostly because Yunjin was sure she was going to barf all over her shoes.

She was getting married .

Married.

For some reason that fact hadn't fully set in until this very moment. Even when she got dressed, it wasn't that bad. Sure her eyes lingered on the ugly bullet scar on her shoulder that was partially exposed, cursing herself for not getting a dress that would cover it fully. Chaewon wouldn't like to see that. Yunjin thought it was disgusting as well, but Jisoo has pointed out she could think of it as a reminder of the time she took a bullet for the one she loved. She liked the meaning of it more metaphorically than literally though.

Eunchae was excited. Running back and forth with Kyujin, holding her stuffed animal and using silly little voices like Chaewon would. The detective was glad at least one of them was calm, if Eunchae was nervous, Yunjin might really run. Yeonjun was no help as well, worrying about his hair in the mirror, frowning when a piece wouldn't go where he wanted.

She was going to have to walk down the aisle alone. In all honesty, Yunjin hadn't really thought about it too much, aside from the one time Suzy offered for Taecyeon to walk her down as well. She appreciated the offer, but that was Chaewon's moment, she couldn't infringe on that. Was she still a bit upset that her parents weren't coming? Yes. But her sessions with Jisoo had really been helping her; If they were there she'd only be stressed the whole day. This was about her. And Chaewon. And Eunchae too. But you get what she means.

All Yunjin had to do was take a deep breath, wait for the music to play, and then walk down the aisle. Sakura would be there, Yeonjun would be there. Eunchae and Kyujin were going to walk out with Chaewon, so she didn't have to worry about that. She just had to go out there. So why did she feel so nervous?

An arm slipped to link with hers, surprising Yunjin a bit. She looked over to see Sakura standing there looking ahead, a smile on her lips. Maybe it was just their nerves of the day, but Yunjin felt her lip wobble. She wasn't going to be alone. In a way her journey to stability would begin and end with Sakura. From being a scared teenager that Sakura let sleep on her couch, to the strong woman who was about to get married. None of it would have been possible without Sakura. She got her off the streets. She set her up with a job. She introduced her to Eunha. She comforted Yunjin when Eunha left. She set her up with Chaewon. She made Yunjin watch Eunchae. It was all Sakura. And she was so, so thankful for her. Damn, the ceremony hasn't even started and Yunjin was sure she was about to cry.

That was until Sakura opened her mouth of course, "Daddy's here."

"I hate you so much." Yunjin sniffled, but her laughter took out any bite from her tone.

"That's no way to speak to your father Missy." Sakura teased, before looking over at Yunjin with this soft expression. She looked her up and down, taking in the sight. "You look beautiful."

"Really? You can see scar on my shoulder and-"

"Yunjin," Sakura cut in, putting her hands on both of the detective's shoulders, "Relax. You look beautiful, scar or not. I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks." Ah, some things will never change.

"Are you ready?"

"No."

"I wasn't either." Sakura shrugged, "But you're doing it. I'll drag you in there by your hair if I have too."

"Gee thanks." Sakura's presence was always calming. Even if the woman was threatening her constantly. The babies were with Kazuha in the room where the ceremony would take place, Yunjin had gotten a glimpse of them earlier and almost died. Hyunjin had a tiny suit on and Yeji a dress, both of now nearly six months old still didn't do much more than sleep and move around a bit. Yunjin's personal favorite was when they would babble back to Yunjin when she talked to them, laughing in that infectious way babies do.