Chapter 50

tw//mentions of abuse

Never in her life did Yunjin think she was going to be one of those people that became obsessed with a cell phone game, but Penguin Isle had taken over her life in the past week. It started with her downloading it to give her something to do when she didn't want to talk to Chaewon, but now as much as it pained her to say it she had a bit of an obsession.

It was just so cute, and the background music was so calming. Everything about it was perfect. While she knew she needed to scale it back before she spent a bit too much money buying coins and gems, it was great for situations like this. Eunchae was in with Sunmi, and she was waiting for her to be entertained. She didn't even realize the woman standing in front of her until she coughed, making Yunjin jump and look up.

Eunchae really liked Sunmi, and Yunjin was glad. She seemed to actually look forward to their sessions, and if something was troubling her she'd save it to talk to Sunmi with. She seemed to have a good grasp on what Sunmi's position was and what she was there for. Multiple times has Yunjin caught the youngest trying to implement Sunmi's techniques, like when she got a bit too frustrated she'd close her eyes and count to ten. For that Yunjin was grateful.

That didn't make them friends though. "Hey."

"Hey," Sunmi greeted back, holding out a piece of paper. Yunjin accepted it, "Here's a couple of recommendations that I think would be suited for you. I actually strongly recommend Dr.Kim, she specializes in specifically LGBT patients."

Yunjin looked over the paper.

Kim Jisoo, PHD. Trauma Therapist. XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Trauma therapist. That seemed like a bit much. She didn't even know the type of therapist her current one was. There were different types of therapists? Well, she knew there were child therapists, that's what Eunchae saw. But- Trauma therapist. It just sounded scary. She'd have to actually face up to everything and- no. She wanted to get better. She wanted to be better. She had to stop trying to ignore it and hope it goes away, she needed to be proactive.

That's why she asked Sunmi for a recommendation in the first place. She promised she was going to get help, she promised she was going to try. If not for Chaewon and Eunchae, for herself. She deserved this.

The detective nodded, "Okay. I'll give her a call. Thank you."

"I'll send her an email tonight so she can squeeze you in whenever you call." Sunmi smiled, taking a glance back into the office where Eunchae was still playing with a toy truck. "We talked about what you told me about today."

Good. It's only been two days since Yunjin came back, but she could already start to see cracks in the foundation between Eunchae and Chaewon's relationship. Chaewon's parents had gone back home yesterday morning, and without them there the house had been pretty quiet. Chaewon told her about what happened with Eunchae, and Yunjin's first instinct was to just sigh. Of course Eunchae was scared. Chaewon came in there tossing bags around and her keys, snapping at Eunchae. It probably scared the hell out of her. And the two of them haven't talked since. Which actually wasn't really Eunchae's fault, Chaewon was trying to give her space. Yunjin to her, and took care of everything and Chaewon stayed at work until she knew Eunchae would be in bed.

"Good," She didn't ask more, Sunmi couldn't tell her anyway. She stood up looking into the office, making eye contact with Eunchae who put the truck down and came running.

Usually Eunchae liked not to talk after sessions, which Yunjin respected. She needed time to talk and work through whatever they talked about during their session. So Yunjin helped her put on her ginormous winter jacket that Sakura had bought her. The thing was mint green and Eunchae's size, but the amount of padding it had made her seem a bit more like a marshmallow than a person. It was cute, with a match hat with a Pom Pom that Boo had already tried to eat. Even Yunjin had her new padded jacket Chaewon bought her on, even if she pretended to grumble about it as she put it on in the morning. It was actually pretty nice. They bid their goodbyes and made their way home.