Chapter 4

"So, how'd it go?" Sakura asked, a smirk on her face as she lowered the camera she was holding. From where Yunjin was crouched over, looking at a splat on blood on the wall that just looked a bit odd, Yunjin could hear the smugness in Sakura's tone, dripping off each syllable like a bad song. "Zuha texted me this morning, and by the look of the marks on Chaewon's neck it seems like you two had a really good time."

She really was not talking about this right now. Yunjin knew she really wasn't trying that. They were in the middle of a crime scene. The entire house was torn apart, there was blood everywhere, and not to mention the corpse of some little old lady laying no more than twenty feet away from them covered in a white sheet. Granted they already had a confession from the murderer, the lady's grandson, who killed her over inheritance, they still had a job to do. She sent Sakura a glare as she stood up, starting to make her way out of the apartment Sakura following closely behind.

"So, how was it?"

Yunjin lifted up the police tape that blocked off the entrance of the house, letting herself and Sakura out, "I don't know what you'd get out of knowing."

"You two totally hooked up."

"I didn't say that."

"On the first date? I didn't think you had it in you Huh." Sakura pressed on, leading towards the car. She stripped off the blue rubber gloves she had, before her windbreaker as well, turning towards Yunjin with a smirk, "I have to say I'm impressed. I hope it wasn't a pump and dump."

"Can you please not refer to it like that?"

"Smash and dash?"

"Sakura.."

Sakura sighed, leaning against the hood of their black SUV. "Fine, but really, are you two going to continue or what?"

Were they going to continue? On to what? Dating? Marriage- Woah, don't get ahead of yourself there Huh. Chaewon was nice, sweet, and was stuck in her head the past few days since their meeting on Friday. She was stuck in Chaewon's too, the girl made it clear by sending memes she would find that had absolutely no context or reason to it. They had texted almost every night since, talking about dumb things, and some not so dumb things. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of her and these fluttery feelings in her stomach just yet

"Was Eunchae good for you two on Friday? You never let me know."

"I love her." Sakura pouted and put her hands over her heart, "She's so sweet and cute and all she wants to do is cuddle with the dog and eat. And she's so well behaved, I thought she was going to have some issues, you know because of everything that happened, but she was so good."

Abruptly, Sakura was digging into her back pocket to grab her phone. "Look at these." After a few seconds of maneuvering Sakura was showing Yunjin a few photos on her screen. The first was Eunchae with kookeu, all dressed up in her mint green fleece pajamas. She was in Kookeu's small bed, the puppy sitting on her lap, looking off-screen to what Yunjin had to assume was a movie of some sort. Sakura then swiped to the next photo, now Eunchae was standing on a wooden kitchen chair helping Kazuha cook something that Yunjin couldn't exactly make out. Eunchae had a bit of flour on her nose and face, a big smile there too, Kazuha was in a similar state. Next was a photo of Eunchae passed out, head laying on Sakura's side. It was obvious Kazuha snapped it without Sakura having any idea, the woman was just staring at the child with honey dripping from her eyes.

That was the thing about Sakura, she just deserved all the good things in the world. Sure, she was a bit annoying and overbearing, and definitely had her flaws, but Yunjin never found herself truly annoyed. Sakura just had a big heart, and she wanted to share it with every person she met. Yunjin looked up from the screen at Sakura who was gazing down so affectionately, it almost gave Yunjin a toothache. She found herself smiling a bit as Sakura tucked the phone into her back pocket, they really would make the perfect little family. Eunchae was a great kid as well, quiet, mannered, affectionate, and incredibly independent. Maybe they deserved each other.