Chapter 30

If Yunjin had correctly done the math she would have about two hours before Chaewon officially got home. While the lawyer was her temporary nurse, she still had a life and clients who needed to see her even if she took two weeks off. From what Chaewon has told her she was representing the victims in a sexual assault case and today she was supposed to be there for something that had to do with results, Yunjin didn't listen all the way as she was watching a Disney movie (she'a reaches a new level of boredom). But she did catch the part where she Chaewon said her plan was to pick Eunchae up, bring her home and then rush off to wherever she was going, giving Yunjin plenty of time to enact her plan. Usually Yunjin would pick up Eunchae, except for Monday's when Yunjin has a therapy session and sometimes would run late so Chaewon just decided that Monday's were '2Chae' days, and seeing as Yunjin was currently on house arrest she couldn't exactly pick her up. If Chaewon couldn't do it, the lawyer did have a consistently busy day and trying to take these two weeks off had been hell, Yunjin could probably ask Sakura to (all the woman did was text her all day now, so it wasn't like she was actually even doing work) or maybe ask Wonyoung to drop Eunchae off seeing as she was going to be there already, or maybe even Kazuha.

The sound of the gentle click of Chaewon unlocking and then opening the door drew Yunjin's attention, watching as it cracked open and Eunchae came barreling inside immediately locking into her position on the couch and running towards her. "Yunjin look! I got a B on my math test! Kyujin got a better grade, but that's okay I did good too! How are you? Are you better yet? Did Peng help you today?"

Blinking at the sudden assault of questions, Yunjin just nodded and took the offending test out of Eunchae's hands. She did in fact get a B, and worked hard for it judging by the times she had visibly erased dark messy letters inked into the page. "Wow! This is so good! Good job!" Praising Eunchae had come much easier now than it used to, finally finding the words to say without it sounding tacky or making her uncomfortable, and Eunchae seemed to absolutely love the attention, smiling wide and preening on the praise.

Chaewon came in swiftly, the need for her to go still written on her features and gave her a quick peck on the lips, "I got to go, call me if you need anything or she gets out of hand."

"Eunchae? Getting out of hand? Psh!"

"Still, I'll have my phone on me." Speaking of which Chaewon let out a slight hiss as she checked the time on it, "Shit, I gotta go. Bye, Love you."

"Love you too."

"Bye bye Chaewonnie!"

"Bye best friend! I'll be back soon!" Chaewon was really an observant person. The three of them had recently attended a family session with Eunchae's therapist, Yunjin's first trip out since all this happened, and the woman gave them some good advice. If Eunchae decided she wanted to be a grumpy monster, chances are something was bothering her she couldn't vocalize so they just had to be patient with her and let her get it out on her own. Some things Eunchae needed to start doing on her own for a sense of independence. Things like that, stupid things that Yunjin didn't need for a therapist to tell her when her own common sense could've. But the one that she never would have thought of was to tell Eunchae they were coming back. Apparently Eunchae had made it clear to Sunmi that she still had this fear that Yunjin and Chaewon were just going to disappear on her. Yunjin figures it makes sense, her mom left, Sakura and Kazuha left, Eunchae didn't exactly have a great track record when it came to that kind of stuff. So just simple affirmations like 'I'll be right back' or 'I'll be home for dinner' helped set a time and comfort in Eunchae's mind. Yunjin had completely forgotten to do that all together, but Chaewon hadn't. Ever since the session she always told Eunchae she'd come back. When Yunjin asked why, Chaewon just kinda danced around it saying if the therapist told them to do it, it wouldn't hurt to try. While Yunjin supposed that was true, she still felt like there was more to it.