Chapter 52

It wasn't like Yunjin to be late. But here she was strolling up to the dress shop ten minutes after the time they had agreed to meet up at, Eunchae on her shoulders the two of them goofing around and laughing. It wasn't what Sakura expected, but it was definitely welcomed.

The detective felt half dead, the babies were a lot more work than she expected. She couldn't remember the last time she had a full night of sleep, and now she was about to go back to work. Yunjin helped a lot though, coming over for a few hours sometimes with Eunchae or letting Sakura drop the babies off at her house for a few hours after she was off from work. From what Sakura had seen, Eunchae was really good with the babies, always trying to play with them and make sure they were comfortable and in turn the two of them would always laugh at her. The kindergarteners only reservations with them was when they cried, she didn't like the noise, and when Yunjin would have to ignore her to take care of the babies. She'd seen it once, Yunjin having to brush her off for a minute to pick Yeji up because she wouldn't stop crying, Eunchae pouted and went to play by herself. Even though Sakura was pretty sure she was going to fall asleep the moment she sat down, she was still here. She was Yunjin's maid of honor after all.

About that, Sakura had a bone to pick with Yunjin. When she asked Yunjin to be the maid of honor at her wedding she took her out to a nice dinner, bought her a necklace, and asked her. In return Yunjin had just got a text, a very boring one to add to that.

Detective Grumpypants

Wanna be my maid of honor?

[Tues 3:21PM]

It wasn't the way she was expecting, but hey this was Yunjin we're talking about after all. She was forgiven as soon she and Eunchae approached the group, the detective lowering Eunchae to the ground with a whooshing noise. "You can never get on my case for being late ever again." Yeonjun teased, opening the door to the shop.

"Why are we late?" Yunjin asked, taking a peek at her phone. Her eyes widened when she saw the time. "Oh, sorry."

"You're good." Yeonjun smiled, punching her playfully on the shoulder. For a minute Sakura was afraid Eunchae was going to start crying from that action, taking it as aggression or him trying to harm Yunjin but instead Eunchae seemed distracted by looking around at all the dresses not trying to size Yeonjun up as a threat.

"So what type do you want to get?" Sakura asked, eyeing the rows upon rows of pretty dresses. Honestly, she expected Yunjin trying to go to the wedding in a T-Shirt and jeans, that her and Chaewon were going have to battle her to actually wear a dress or a suit.

"Uh- there are different types?"

Sakura sighed, "Let's look around." Just Yunjin wanting to wear a dress was good enough for her.

They needed a few things, a dress for Yunjin, a dress for Sakura, a tuxedo that would compliment Sakura's dress for Yeonjun, and a dress for Eunchae. Chaewon had texted her a picture of her sister's dress, a pretty dusty pink. Yunjin's favorite color was purple so they would probably go for something like that in a similar style. That could wait though, right now they just needed to get Yunjin into a dress before she decided this was too much effort and she wanted to go home. They started going through rows upon rows of dresses, trying to get a feel for what exactly Yunjin would like.

"So do you want something on the looser side or tighter?" Sakura flipped through a couple dresses, she turned to Sakura who just shrugged.

"I kind of want it looser but not too big and poofy? You know what I mean."

Sakura didn't- but that was okay. She got this. Yunjin was going to be fucking beautiful, and if Sakura had to make her try on thirty dresses just to figure out her preference she was going to do so.