Chapter 44

Yunjin really wasn't sure if this was going to work.

First off Chaewon had never mentioned her father was a Goliath of a man. One little detail that would have thoroughly prepared not only Eunchae but Yunjin as well. The second he walked into their apartment dressed in a pair of shorts and tight athletic shirt, Yunjin knew this man had to either live at the gym or was part hulk. Even her Mom was quite fit, it kind of explained why Chaewon willingly worked out while Sakura had to drag Yunjin to the gym. Chaewon had a great body, it was clear where she learned her fitness habits from. As if Yunjin wasn't already intimidated by the prospect of meeting Chaewon's parents, to know they looked like they made things ten times harder.

Chaewon had left a few hours earlier, waking her up and telling her to wake Eunchae up and get her ready while she was gone. The two of them had a pretty lazy morning, watching a few cartoons together with the dogs, and ate some sugary cereal that Yunjin had bought and hid from Chaewon. There wasn't much to do anyways, Chaewon had already mostly decorated the house. It looked like the North Pole threw up in their living room, garland and small figurines covered the place. There were a few unpacked boxes or ornaments and a toy train for the bottom of the tree they hadn't set up yet. Chaewon had argued that they needed to do it with her parents, and plus she wanted to paint ornaments with Chaewon first as well. If she remembered correctly Chaewon said she wanted to do it tonight as a way to bond them all together, but she wasn't really listening so she could be wrong.

Their youngest was a bit nervous too, she didn't say but Peng had been sandwiched in her arms all morning. Even if she said she was excited to meet Chaewon's parents, Eunchae had asked to be picked up as soon as the door started to open. She could feel the way Eunchae started to tense up in her arms when they both laid eyes on the bear of a man that was Chaewon's dad. The detective had been a bit concerned about this ever since Chaewon first suggested it, Eunchae didn't like men, she warmed up to Taeyong and Mark, and was starting to like Yeonjun, but outside of that Yunjin had no idea how she was going to react. As much progress as she had made, things still took time and even in Yunjin's care, Yunjin herself was hurt by a man.

The trio made their way into the apartment, Chaewon's parents immediately set their sights on both Yunjin and Eunchae. Her mother smiled, waving as Eunchae just buried her face into Yunjin's neck. Chaewon helped her dad bring their bags in, stopping and staring at Yunjin, " I thought you said you were gonna wear something nice!"

She looked down at her outfit, blue jeans and a grey turtleneck, Eunchae was even wearing a matching outfit. T-this was her nice?

"Chaewon, leave the poor girl alone." Chaewon's mom shook her head, brushing past the girl to go give Yunjin a hug, taking both her and Eunchae by surprise. Yunjin was expecting a handshake at most if she absolutely had to have contact, "I think you look great honey."

"You speak English?" That wasn't exactly the first thing Yunjin ever wanted to say to her girlfriend's parents. Maybe a hey, how are you? Or it's very nice to meet you ma'am.

She didn't seem to mind though, barking out in laughter in a way that was warm and comforting, her eyes crinkling up, "No, but I know our Chaewon too well."

Our Chaewon. That was strange, Yunjin had only met this woman for a few minutes but she was already including her. This felt weird. Her parents were never affectionate with her, and while Eunha spent a long time slowly getting Yunjin out of her shell it took a while, even Sakura and her weren't super affectionate with each other. It was almost-nice? It was nice for a second, until another much Mather body encompassed the two of them: Chaewon's dad.

This time it didn't go over as well. Just as Yunjin had been expecting her to do ever since they walked into her house, Eunchae burst into tears sending him flinging himself off of them and both parents looking at the child with worry written over their faces. Great, fucking great. Yunjin bounced her gently, cringing when she felt Eunchae hide her face away into Peng's fur.