"Back when Yunjin and I lived together, one morning I woke up to all the smoke alarms going off in the house." Sakura cut in, a smirk on her lips, "I go into the kitchen, and there is just smoke everywhere and Sakura, trying to fan it out. I turn the microwave off and grab these charred squares out. Yunjin tried to microwave pizza rolls for sixty minutes because she misread the packaging."

"I take it Chaewon is the one that cooks." Chaewon's dad laughed.

"I try-"

"Yes dad, I cook. She's ruined our kitchen twice."

"Speaking of kitchens," Kazuha cut in, "I got the number to our realtor if you want to use her."

"You're buying a house?" Hana asked

"We're thinking about it-"

"Yes! We are!"

"After the wedding." Yunjin sighed, reaching over to place more meat on Eunchae's plate. If she ever wanted to be taller than Kyujin she was going to have to eat a lot more veggies.

"When do you guys plan on having the wedding?" Hana asked, "I'll need to plan ahead and clear my schedule for that day."

"Soon? Next month maybe?"

"NEXT MONTH?" Yunjin almost choked on her drink. Sure she knew they were actually going to have to have a wedding but so soon. They hadn't even discussed any of the details, they needed a venue, and dresses, and food, and a cake, maybe an ice cream cake cause Yunjin didn't like cake, and-

"Yunjin was the maid of honor at my wedding." Sakura giggled, "You guys should have seen her, wearing this dusty pink dress and frowning the entire night. Half way through she changed into a pair of sweatpants and sneakers."

The room erupted in laughter- it was just so Yunjin. She could feel her face starting to turn red, yet she laughed along. Suzy smiled, "I guess we're just going to have to get you a pair of white sweatpants for your big day."

"Mom! Don't! She'll actually try that!"

"Hey, if it what the brides wants-"

"I'm the bride too, and I don't want that." Chaewon pouted.

"What do you think Mrs.Huh," Suzy motioned to her mother.

She just shrugged, a look of indifference adorning her face, "Whatever Yunjin wants to do is up to her. I won't be at the wedding, so I don't care."

"You're not going to be at the wedding?" Chaewon's mother's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. So did everyone's. Yunjin could hear Sakura grumbling under her breath right next to her, she could really blame her; this was news to her as well.

"No. I have no intention of going to something like that. "

The table fell silent. Even Eunchae was quiet, and Yunjin wasn't even sure if she knew what was going on. That stung a bit. She wasn't even sure why she was expecting her mother to want to come, this was the first time she was hearing about this. She probably just needed to think about it. Plus she was sick, she needed to rest. It'd be too much. It was just because she was sick.

Right?

She hoped so.

She really did.

But when the silence got too thick and her mother just stood up and grabbed her purse, Yunjin watched her walk out. And suddenly Yunjin was sixteen years old again, sobbing to Jessica Jung because her mother caught her kissing Kim Jisoo. She hated it.

Not this time. This time, Yunjin wasn't going to be left behind.

She stood up as well, brushing past worried faces as she rushed into the living room.