Chapter 38

Just a heads up it could get alittle confusing so make sure you're paying attention between Gaia and Gianna🤍

Third Person POV:

Gianna sat up in bed, her face set in an unemotional way. She didn't know what to feel. Or what to think.

Part of Gia wants to be mad at Gaia for dropping everything on her and leaving. But after witnessing Gaia's memories she understood why.

It was all a puzzle Gianna was still trying to figure out, matching times with current events, faces to people, and those same people reincarnating into different faces.

Not to mention the rest of the Primordials. Gods what a mess. Gaia's relationship with the other four was strained at best. But after so long working closely with the same people, Gianna could only imagine how tough it must have been.

Gianna shifted, throwing her legs over the side of the bed only to look down at her dangling feet trying to sift through so many lifetimes. By gods Erebus from the start, he and Gaia never got along. Which pains Gianna deeply for how she feels towards him.

This transformation would have been so much easier if Gaia had just taken over Gianna's body and soul. However, Gaia did what no god has ever done. Leaving the host's soul and only passing along the memories they hold.

Gianna now had to interpret Gaia's memories and figure out how she felt about them, and how she felt about the choices Gaia had made. How she feels about Gaia's creations, relationships and all of that, was left for her to process.

Trying to calm the storm in her mind Gianna tried to focus on the present. She noticed how stiff her body was. How she was still wearing the same clothes. She felt a dried layer of sweat on herself but most importantly, her throat was incredibly sore and dry.

Standing on wobbly legs Gianna found an attached bathroom and drank from the faucet. She greedily sucked in water to ease her throat. When she felt satisfied she stripped herself of all her clothes and stepped into a shower, one in which was like a waterfall, falling from the ceiling in magical soft streams.

Gianna basked in the moment. She let the water beat on her sore muscles. The heat cleared out her pores and muddled thoughts. Stepping out of the shower Gianna felt a new scene of clearance.

What she knew for sure was that

One: she now holds primordial power
Two: She has Gaia's memories from the beginning of creation.
Three: Gaia is gone.
Four: Gianna is still herself.

Some thoughts contradicted others but she knew all of these statements to be facts. Walking through the bathroom Gianna realized she had been so focused on wanting to bathe she forgot even to check if there were extra clothes for her somewhere.

Worriedly Gianna glanced in the mirror on the way out of the bathroom but stopped to do a double take.

Gianna screeched at the person she faced. Was this a mirror? Maybe it was a wall divider and she was staring at another naked woman. How embarrassing.