Chapter 28

Third POV:

It's been five days of tiring searching for little Gianna. At the end of the second day her feet ached from walking across town, searching for her mama.

Checking any store or shop that would let her in, Gianna came up empty, not being able to find her.

She then tried knocking around neighborhoods asking if anyone saw her mama.

She got a lot of doors slammed in her face, angry yelling. And many mean names thrown at her. Through the days more and more people began calling her homeless and needy and kicking her out of areas, even entire floors.

On day three she began seeing those pesky dark spots that meant she hadn't eaten. Gianna was upset they showed up so soon. Sometimes she could go a week without food before the spots showed up.

But she deduced since Abyss had been feeding her more often that it was easier for her to get the spots.

Gianna was able to find water at least once a day. If it was clean was always questionable but she didn't have much choice having no shelter or money.

Now she lay tiredly between two trash bins, hidden in an alley

Now she lay tiredly between two trash bins, hidden in an alley. She found dirty stretchy places like this allowed her to hide better meaning she wouldn't be kicked out or chased away.

Gianna's head rested on the side of the metal bin as she blinked her eyes repeatedly. She was sooo tired mentally and physically. No food and barely any water left her breathless and dizzy after only a few steps of walking.

She sat there with a pout upset that she failed to find her mama. She had her mind set on finding food so she could continue her search for her mama.

'Maybe she's starving in an alley like me?!' She thought. A rush of adrenaline hitting her from the worry in her heart. That tear jerking thought had Gianna bracing herself on the trash bins, pulling herself up on her weak legs and numb feet.

When her body stopped swaying she shuffled on her feet in search of her mama. Or food. Whichever came first.

Gianna only made it a block before the crowd grew thick and she was pushed and shoved every which way. Without anything to hold on to she quickly fell down in all the commotion.

Unable to gather her bearings, now on the ground it was easier to get kicked around. No one seemed to notice her down there.

~~~~~

Abyss has done everything in the book to keep himself from thinking of Gianna.

Even entertaining and playing with Gully, but it appeared both the beast and man were missing their girl too much, getting tired of playing only after an hour.

He called up old friends from past lives. Although they called him out immediately knowing something was up for him to contact them after so many years.

That turned into Abyss talking for hours about Gianna. Which was the opposite of a distraction.

He went to hell to see how things were running. Hades isn't very happy when Abyss visits but the ruler of the underworld bites his tongue seeing as Abyss is the creator of hell.

He is the literal one true god of the underworld when you think about it. Being the creator, looking after it for so long before giving the place up to Hades.

Five long days passed and Abyss wouldn't be surprised if he started banging his head against a wall in order to keep himself from Gianna.

Abyss is everywhere, every shadow, every pit of darkness. He saw all. But it was too consuming for him to all ways be- present. He could feel how spread thin he was. But as long as he didn't focus on anything but what's in front of him- he wouldn't go crazy.

To find someone it takes concentration on his part. It also takes Abyss a few minutes as well. Being conscious in every shadow of the world was hard let alone to process what he sees and hears in all those locations.

~~~~

Abyss was laying on his dark luxurious bed staring up at nothing. Trying his best not to think about Gianna.

It wasn't working out. He was just thinking about how much he shouldn't think about her.

Finally after mind numbing hours he caved.

'Just a quick peek from afar' he thought to himself trying to find justification for breaking his own promise.

So he let himself slip into his darkness in search of his girl.

He knew which town she was in, which lessened the work greatly. Unfortunately the city is pretty dark, lots of little spaces for shadows to appear.

Finally from across the street he saw the signature mass of white hair. However as he looked closer he noticed how the usually silky smooth hair was matted, and it didn't glow as bright as he remembered.

Paying more attention he now realized little Gianna was on the ground being trampled by people. He could hear her whimpers from where he watched.

It didn't take but a moment for Abyss to jump out of the shadows, startling a few passerby's, and running straight for the white haired beauty.

He ran into the crowd that parted like the sea for him. He may not be a known god but he was still tall and lean. Hard to miss.

He swooped down and grabbed his girl before pulling her into a less busy street.

"What in gods name-" he started to talk in panic.

Be noticed however, that his Angel was shaking in his arms.

"Baby. It's just me. Abyss" he cooed in her ear, pulling her closer as he held her tighter.

"A-Abel?" The small girl whispered.

It took Abyss a minute to remember the nickname she graced him with. Because her cute little stutter made it hard for her to say Abyss.

"Yes princess, it's me. What were you doing on the street like that? Don't you know that's dangerous?" He voiced.

But the second she looked up at him none of that mattered anymore.

He first noticed the clean streaks down her cheeks distinguishing her beautiful dark flawless skin with the dirt and grime that littered her face.

He then noticed her red eyes, eye bags. And poured lips, which were usually plush, now chapped.

"Oh my baby? What happened?" He knew he should have checked in sooner! His poor girl.

He will never leave her alone again! She's too little to watch after herself. No matter how smart she is.

He's also glad he left the window open for gully, otherwise little Gia would have his head.