Chapter 18

I'm going to my very first ever sleepover!

I'm so excited I heard such wonderful things about sleepovers. Like how you gossip and eat chocolate and watch movies!

I've never seen a movie but I love chocolate and I heard gossip that one time when I was being a freak and listening in on Serena.

I frown while packing my bag. Gods. I am such a freak I hope I don't scare off Abyss.

I know it's selfish of me but I want him to stick around. I like his company. And although he can be grumpy sometimes his touch is always soft and his arms make me feel warm and- well I don't know. I'm not sure how to label what I feel.

Grounded, like nothing bad, will happen, or if it does I'll be okay because I have him. What is that feeling called? I'll have to look it up in the library tomorrow.

I run around my room trying to pack an overnight bag as fast as I can. Abyss is waiting outside my room door for me and I don't want him to wait long. After getting my PJs and toothbrush, hairbrush, and socks, I make sure to pack Mr. Cuddles and then I grab Gully, cradling him in my arms. Man, he's gotten bigger. Hehe, my baby is growing.

I swing the door open to reveal Abyss and I grin widely up at him.

'Are you ready?" he chuckles. I just nod my head.

"Okay, I got a faster way to teleport over to my room, but you got to close your eyes okay?" Abyss says while reaching down and picking me up.

Faster than a teleporter?! No way. But why do I have to close my eyes? I do it anyway because I don't want to make my first friend (since kindergarten) mad. I shove my face in his warm neck and wait for whatever it is to happen.

I feel him take a step, a slight breeze, and then another step.

"Okay, we are here."

Lifting my head out from his shoulder I look around. Woah. No way.

I thought my room was amazing! His makes mine look like a cupboard. I wiggle in his arms to put me down, which he does.

The second my feet hit the ground I drop my bag, take off my shoes and run to look at everything.

Does he have two rooms?!

He has one room with couches, plural, like what momma used to sit on. And then another room for his bed.

This room has two doors attached to them beside the entrance. Where do these go? Do all rooms normally have other doors?

I walk up to one and put my hand on the knob before looking back at Abyss, who has been intently watching me, for permission to open his door. He nodded so I swung it open revealing a small room Just for his clothes! A room just for clothes. And it's bigger than my room back home. Woah.