Chapter 35

Sorry for any typos. Google docs insisted there was nothing wrong with the chapter but I just know there is. 🤍

Erebus (Abyss) POV:

Erebus (Abyss) POV:

All evening Gianna has been acting weird. She's been very clingy and needy. Not that I'm complaining but it's unlike her. She's typically too shy to ask for anything.

However, when I try to set her down or leave her to do something she whines and tears up, making me hold her again. I don't know what happened but it must be linked to me finding her in the hallway by her old dorm.

"Baby. I know you don't want to talk. But you must tell me why you were asleep outside your old room. And why did you look like you were crying?" I questioned. I have to get to the bottom of this.

She didn't answer me, the only response I got was her holding me tighter and shoving her face into my chest more.

I took a deep breath trying to think of a way to get her to open up. She's going through something and it's my responsibility to help her. She's my little Angel. My little baby, how she clings to me is so endearing.

"Alright. How was class?" I decided on another approach.

She grumbled into my neck, and if I wasn't so worried about her I would be cooing. I'm in so deep for her, It's kind of sad.

"Fine, If you want to be that way-" I pried her off of my chest, trying to get to where I could see her face and she couldn't hide. She was so strong when she wanted to be, I felt like I was hurting her because of how hard I had to pull.

"I'm trying to help the baby. I want to make you feel better. But I can't do that if you refuse to open up to me. Now, let's start with class. How was it?" I said in a firmer tone. I preferred coddling her but if she needed a firm hand then that's what I'd be.

She huffed looking away, crossing her arms. I tightened my grip on her hips and let her sit there until she gave in. It didn't take long either, she was squirming in my lap in no time. She was uncomfortable with the silence and my unwavering gaze. Good.

"W-well, it was-s b-big." She started, not looking me in the eyes. I could tell she was tearing up again and it broke my heart to see her like that.

"Go on baby, you can do it. I'm right here." I said softly, rubbing my thumbs over her hips and sides.

"Our f-first t-task is to s-sho-show our p-powers to t-the c-class." This broke her dam and tears started flooding her little cheeks. I tried wiping them away but they kept coming.

"A-and S-Ser- urg!" She must be getting frustrated with her sutter. It always gets worse when she's upset.

"It's okay little baby. Take your time." Deciding she had enough of my tough treatment I hugged her back into my arms, leaning back in bed and cradling her to me. Looking down at her I felt deep satisfaction of being able to hold her, my arms almost made her disappear in my hold. I like that I can protect her if needed.