Chapter 24

I apologize for the short chapter. I'm working my 12hr shifts so I got like no time to write but I at least wanted to finish this desert scene.

Third Person POV:

Erebus watched as the serpent launched itself but before either could attack the snake's head was suddenly slammed into the sand by an unseen force.

Looking to his right Erebus saw her. Gianna's stark white hair always gives her away. She looked extremely upset which Erebus felt guilty over. He left her so he could take care of this monster. But that meant she was alone this whole time.

She must be terrified. He'll have to console her later. But- her hand is out. Did she, no it can't be. His little Gia couldn't hold a massive snake down, could she?

Turning his attention back to the snake he watched as its body flung itself side to side, trying to get out of this invisible hold. Erebus knew exactly what to do.

Finding the shadows inside the monster's mouth, he expanded them, the snakes head grew a little in size before-

The head exploded, and the energy from the blast rushed out, sending bits of the monster's head flying every which way. The force also created a powerful ring of air to spread out sending everyone backwards. Erebus had hidden in a shadow so he wasn't troubled by the blast.

However, little Gianna, with her empty energy and power source, went flying back. She felt some blood spray her as she flew through the air before landing harshly with a pop.

The landing knocked her out, she landed wrong and broke her leg, causing the popping sound. But she was none the wiser, now getting rest after her horrific day.

~~

When the sand settled, Erebus reappeared, scanning the scene. The snake lay unmoving in the sand. Chunks of flesh could be seen for a good mile in every direction.

He watched people stand up and dust themselves off, helping friends as well. He sighed to himself knowing he shouldn't have used so much force. He could have seriously hurt someone.

"Abyss! Great job. The school owes you one." The professor pats Erebus's shoulder before looking over the carnage.

"Everyone! If you are able please help those who are hurt and set them close to the caravan! We will be opening a portal back to school. Medical staff are on standby to heal everyone. We will gather the bodies. If you are not injured please make your way to the grand hall. The headmaster has some words to share!" He yelled, using magic to project his voice.

Everyone went to perform their duties, including Erebus. He walked down the sand hill looking for Gianna. Scanning the bodies and crowd he couldn't see her. He kept searching till he was sure she wasn't in the immediate area.

"Gianna!" he yelled, venturing out further into the desert. "Gianna!" he began panicking. Where is she? Did she pass out? Did someone take her?

Dammit, he just got her back after searching for her yesterday. Erebus disappeared into the shadows once more, immediately finding her in the opposite direction he was looking for her.

He materialized out of the shadow of a dune hill and ran up to the white-haired girl.
"Gianna! Are you okay?" he kneeled down rolling her onto her back.

"Fuck." he whispered when he saw her eyes were closed. He looked over her face searching for an injury before accessing her body.

Immediately he notices how her leg stuck out at a weird angle. He quickly picked her up and ran back toward the rest of the group.

"Teach! I'm leaving with Gianna!" Erebus yelled before stepping right into his portal.

"Wait Abyss you can't just-" the rest of the teachers words were cut off by the portals closing.

~~~

Erebus stepped right into the medical wing before looking for someone to look after Gianna.

"Oh no! Is she one of the victims of the serpent?!" a nurse ran over, her wings sparkling in the light. The school has already been informed of the accident.

"Yes!" Her leg is broken. You have to fix it" Erebus panicked. It was a silly little broken leg, something that could be fixed easily with the fairy's healing magic. However, Erebus couldn't think of a time in the past millennium when he was worried so much about another person.

He promised himself that he would look after her when she woke up. He was going to spoil her, dot on her. It didn't matter, if she wanted it, she would have it. Erebus didn't even care if he had to pull out the "I'm an original 5!" god card.

He stood over her little white bed and blended with her white hair

He stood over her little white bed and blended with her white hair. Gianna's cheeks had plumped up, and Erebus enjoyed the softness as he ran his knuckles over her dark skin. Sitting down he got comfortable at the side of his girl's bed. Admiring her till he fell asleep.