Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

Erebus(abyss) POV:

Erebus(abyss) POV:

Deep brown, contrasted with a lighter, softened brown. And stark white to top it all off. Breathtaking.

"Wow..." I can't get out much. Gianna looks stunning in this outfit. She let her hair loose, flowing in waves down her back like snowy hills.

A soft curve was starting to form on her body from my efforts of getting her to eat. This pleased me, knowing I was taking care of her. We still had a long way to go but this was a start.

"D-does it look bad?" She whispered looking down at her toes.

"No!" I shouted, making her jump. Damn why am I jumpy all of the sudden.

"Sorry. I mean no you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen." I mean it. I mean it more than anything I've ever said before.

"Uh.." she looks away now. And I realize I probably made her uncomfortable. I gotta get over myself.

"Well. We should meet the prof. Out front so we can start the trip through the dunes." I remind her. Trying to get out of this awkward air I've created.

I grabbed her tiny little hand and led her out of the room to the front of the hotel where most of the class had already gathered.

~~~~~

We were informed that most of the trip was to be taken by caravan and to get to the bones we needed to walk.

I held Gianna as we boarded. The creature was much like the animals humans call dinosaurs. On their backs this city had built wooden cabs where many can sit for a ride.

(But taller/bigger) "We need room for one more!" The teacher shouted

(But taller/bigger)
"We need room for one more!" The teacher shouted. I took no time to take action.

I grabbed Gianna and put her on my lap before offering the open seat.

We're supposed to be friends. And I'm sure Gianna thinks we are. But it's so hard to keep my distance. She's a precious light that needs to be tended too, and looked after.