Chapter 30

Thank you for your patience🤍

In the morning Abyss insisted on feeding Gianna again- in his lap. She fussed over being able to do it herself but her weak little body tired out quickly and she gave in.

Abyss then proceeded to do a 'magic trick' for his girl where he used his shadows (when Gianna wasn't looking) and pulled out a brand new outfit, which he stole, for her to wear.

This time he let his angel dress herself and when she was finished he pulled her into his arms once more.

"You look so beautiful. What are we going to do today baby?" he asked, his fingers twirling her hair around. Gianna blushed immediately. Did he mean it? She was too overwhelmed to respond to that comment so instead she focused on his question.

"We-e need to find Mama. T-the house was empty and-d she didn't work at her old j-job! I searched all o-over the city for her! I c-can't find her. W-wait! How i-is Gully-y?!" She choked out. Pearly tears began leaking out of her swirling eyes. Abyss promptly brushed them away with his thumb as he frowned in thought.

He was beginning to dislike this mother of hers. Who just ups and leaves without telling their kid?

"Hush baby. Gully is just fine. He's back at my place. I left the window open for him. About your mom, I'll help you okay?" he smiled as Gianna enthusiastically nodded her head.

She knew Abyss's help would surely turn up her mama. Abyss was so awesome at that. Amazing at anything he did. At least in her eyes.

"Baby what does your mom look like?"

"S-She is sooo p-pretty!! She's umm s-skinny! And has-s red hair! L-Like fire! Oh and-d green eyes!" Gianna smiled at the thought of her mama.

Abyss prompted Gianna to grab them some drinks from the kitchen. Once alone he sat on the couch spreading out and closing his eyes to consciously search the town for her mom.

This town wasn't the biggest but man did it have a lot of creatures. Abyss's eyebrows frowned in concentration. Searching and searching.

Before he popped up in what looked like a pub. It was loud, busy and packed. But he had spotted a red haired woman, a thin woman who caught his attention.