Chapter 14 - A week later

Esme's POV 

It's been a week since me and Finn came to the Midnight pack. I can already feel myself getting a little stronger. Today I have asked Finn if we can go outside for a little while. I want to see what it's like here.

"Are you ready Esme?" Fin asks me while knocking on my door.

"Yeah Come on in" I had just finished getting dressed when I heard his voice, I'm wearing black Joggers and a long grey top with roses on the front of it with my trainers on. Alpha Jaxon got rid of our clothes and shoes that we came with as he didn't want us to feel like we had to wear them and not accept what he gave us. He's been spending a lot of time with me over the last week and I am starting to feel a better connection to him now. All of my bruises are almost gone and the split lip has started healing as well and I have noticed Alana wanting to talk more now she's got some strength so I take that as a bonus.

"You look good," Fin says. I know he means it but I can't help but laugh at him. I'm a little weary about going outside just in case something happens but I trust my brother when he tells me that I have nothing to worry about and that he's with me.

10 minutes later we are out in the front garden where all the flowers are laid perfectly in rows and circles and I can't help but kneel down and smell them. They're beautiful.

"They're beautiful don't you think Fin," I ask him. More as a statement than a question. He crouches down near me and he starts talking about anything really which makes me laugh.

"Robyn has asked me if you want to do some baking soon. The kitchen only has her in it so you don't have to stress about too many people being in one place" I know what he's getting at but I feel safer when he doesn't mention much.

"I think I might watch her but I can't bake for shit you know that. anyway I told you I would help you with your joining the pack thing ready for tomorrow didn't I?"

"You did but Naomi said she would help me" he says with a smile on his face and his cheeks a small taint of red.

"How are you still here when your mate is inside?" I ask him. I want him happy and He has been so focused on me that he hasn't had time to officially ask Noami if she will accept him yet.

"Because you're my first priority right now Esme. I'm sure she understands" he says with his smile fading.

"Look I want you to be happy Finn. You have been here for me and it's time I'm there for your happiness so please...go and see her I'll be okay. I've had my medications and I'm okay today" I reassure him.

"Okay but if you need me and I mean it Es you link me! Got it"

"Yes boss" I laugh at him.

The other day Alpha Jaxon asked me what I like to do and I told him that I enjoy drawing and that sometimes I love to just read as well so he surprised me the next night with a new desk in my room and a lot of books that I told him I like to read, some are books that are series and wouldn't take me long to get through If I spent most of my time reading them. He also brought me new pencils, canvases, colours and drawing things just so I don't have to sit here and feel bored.

I was overwhelmed but I loved the gesture. He took his time to help me and look out for me even though he has a pack to handle. I've seen a change in Finn too. He looks so much happier and we have both been spending time together when he isn't at the grounds training which will be a permanent fixture once his body gets used to the changes and his strengths increase a little more but he wanted to get a feel for what he could have been doing at our old pack. Each day he becomes stronger and I feel so proud of him for this.

"Hey what are you doing out here" I hear Hunter's voice. He and Charlie are also around a lot and we talk when we see each other.

"I just wanted to go outside I didn't mean to trouble anyone" I tell him back. It's true I didn't want to trouble no one I just needed air.