Chapter 48 - Emotions

Third person POV

Jaxon and Esme had been spending a lot more time together recently, with work being on a steady rhythm and the pack not needing as much from them both they have managed to snag days as just the 3 of them without being called into an emergency. For years, this is the life both Esme and Jaxon have wanted. Love, Honesty, strength and stability this fantasy has been set in their minds ever since they were young teenagers. They met at a pack gathering, well they met at Esme's previous pack in her house it was suppose to be a gathering but thankfully Alpha Dylan from the waterside pack had rejected Esme not 5 hours earlier giving her the chance at a second chance of love. From the moment their eyes met Alpha Jaxon knew that Esme was his chance to find his happiness and he loved her the moment he laid eyes on her in her house. they knew they were meant to be together. He was the strong and handsome Alpha of the pack, while Esme was the beautiful pack member, both living different lives. They were the perfect match, and everyone in there pack admired their love for each other.

As their wedding day was a lot for them to handle in such short notice they had planned to do it all over the course of 3 months, giving them time to prepare and get it all ready to the way they want it to be. Jaxon and Esme were busy with the preparations when night fell which means they had time to call it a night and relax away from prying eyes or questions that neither of them wanted to answer sometimes. Jaxon's mother, Robyn, had offered to help with the planning, and she was a godsend. She had a keen eye for detail and knew exactly what Jaxon and Esme wanted for their special day.

One day, while Jaxon was busy with pack matters, Esme decided to have a movie day with her best friend who is also her brother, Finley. They spent the whole day watching comedy movies or action thriller films and eating popcorn. As they chatted and laughed, Esme couldn't help but talk about her future with Jaxon, the plans they want to develop later on in the next year about extending parts of the pack land, they discussed Naomi and Finley's plans.

"Esme, do you think everything will be good for life now?" Finley asks, over the last month he has become more of a worrier and is nervous for what the future holds for himself, my guess is that hes been this way since he became a dad and she understood his emotions, they were 2 people but they lived as a whole so they knew each other too well to not ask these questions or have these emotions.

"Everything is going to be fine Finn! Think about how far we have come in nearly a year, were parents Finn, we have a life here that we never had once and your a great dad and I love you"

Esme feels that everything happens for a reason, she's become a believer to that fact and is happy to admit that everything's going great!

"Although I will say that I can't wait to be Married" Esme gushed out of nowhere but it made them both laugh, snuggling into Finley's side.

Finley smiled and hugged her back feeling the comfort when they use to do this but without the luxury of a TV. 'You two are perfect for each other. I'm so happy for you.' He says while replying to a text from Naomi. He's love struck is all Esme thought when looking at her brother.

Esme beamed with joy, thinking about the life she would have with Jaxon. They had talked about starting a family and running the pack together. It was a dream come true for Esme, and she couldn't wait to make it a reality.

Meanwhile, Jaxon was spending some quality time with his son, Reggie. Reggie was gong to grow up to be the protector that his sister will need when getting through life just like his Mate and his friend...Finley, Besides from his mom, family, Esme and there soon to be little girl, Reggie was the light of Jaxon's life. They spent the day playing peek-A-boo and tickle that tummy but the alpha couldn't be happier.

As the day went on, Jaxon received an urgent call from the Waterside pack. They were under attack by a group of rogue wolves, and several of their pack members were injured. He didn't know the full extent of what had happened but he made an incoming Link to all warrior's and members of the pack who can fight to get themselves sorted. Jaxon immediately sprang into action, calling for his warriors to gather and prepare for battle but also arranging the correct warriors to guard there pack and the house to keep his mom and Esme safe that was his main concern. He couldn't risk Esme or his mother getting hurt, He would never forgive himself for that.

Esme and Finley were shocked when they saw Jaxon's serious expression as he rushed into the living room and explained all of the issues they are facing with regards to waterside pack, after demanding Esme does as she's told and stays at home she urges Finley to and and prepare before rushing out of the pack house, His mate hot on his trail asking questions he doesn't know the answers to yet. They knew something was wrong and followed him to the meeting room where the board members usually held major meetings, this was where Jaxon was discussing the situation with his warriors.

"Esme, I need you to stay here and keep everyone safe here, Mom is here okay baby and Reggie is asleep for now okay but please stay here princess" Jaxon said, his voice full of concern.

Esme nodded, knowing that Jaxon needed to focus on the pack ahead. She watched as he led his warriors into their shifting forms, her heart racing with worry for her mate. She prayed that he would return safely and without needing to go back at any point. they decided it would be quick enough to shift and run with their duffle bags and weapons attached to their backs and then made way north of the pack that they called home.

The pack was able to defeat the rogue wolves, but not without some casualties and 5 fatalities. Jaxon and his warriors returned to the pack house, exhausted and injured. Esme rushed to his side, helping him to his feet and tending to his wounds but not before she noticed Finley, Jaxon looked over and gave him a knowing look and then a car pulled up to the house which was confusing because Esme had not seen any cars leave so this must be from their pack. What the heck was all she could mutter before seeing the younger one of her siblings followed by the second...Frankie and Max. She didn't have any communications with them and they're only 11 years old...twins just like her and Finley but something didn't feel right to her.

'I'm sorry I had to leave you,' Jaxon said, his voice filled with guilt. "But we need to talk" but why couldn't Esme feel no emotion? bitterness...had her parents abandoned them 2 as well?

'Don't be sorry, my love. I understand that you have a duty to protect the pack, but what's going on?"' Esme replied.

Jaxon smiled, grateful to have such a understanding and supportive mate. As they embraced, Jaxon knew that he had made the right choice in choosing Esme as his Luna. She was his rock, his everything and one of his biggest supporters. Only time will tell on how she will react to the news that her Mother, Father and older sister had died. He's expecting her to be shattered over it and quite rightfully so.

"Esme, When we got to the pack land there was too many rogues there, once our warriors entered the boarders and proceeded to their duties of helping everyone we was hit with a big realization that Your mother, father and Daisy had...well...They had died during the attack" He says trying to be gentle with the words. Caring towards how it's going to effect her but she doesn't say anything she just sits there. Staring at him.

"so that's why Frankie and Max are here?" she asks...not knowing what else to ask.