Chapter 58 - Denial

Esme's POV

I've lived the last 5/6 years thinking My parents didn't love me and I didn't think that I could normal life. I grew up in a small pack, some friends when growing up but all left as I got older and the more people heard about my mothers infidelity the harder it became for people to show me any respect like what I showed them, I went to school until I turned 13, had a job okay no...I was a slave for Alpha Bobby and then his son...the one whom rejected me but that was okay because I have a life here that I love. Until the betrayal of my mother came out and told us who our real father was anyway, because she couldn't defend herself if she was still here from the questions that are scrambling through our heads. And I was just starting to figure out my place in the world. But little did I know, my life was about to take a drastic turn when I met Luca.

I didn't want him to be our father because then I would feel worse that he didn't take my from that life but then again, he didn't know either apparently. 

I had always been fascinated by werewolves, I had been fascinated all my life to understand more, the more I learnt the better I felt, I knew my first shift would hurt and that it could take hours but It didn't scare me as much and my wolf is pure white, just like Finley's, but he has black paws where as I'm fully white furred.

"Hi Esme, Finley, I'm Katherine, It's nice to meet you" she's not how I pictured when Luca said he would be getting his wife and girls, I pictured her to be mean and snobby but now I take that back. She sounds awesome. "Hello, Ma'am, It's nice to meet you" I said In unison with Finley. The weird thing's twins are capable off it's weird, we talk at the same time and have often had such a strong connection that when someone speaks to us and we aren't together we have also said the same thing or thought of doing the same thing, everyone calls it strange but I find it funky.

"Okay that was cool" The girl I assume is Rosie says. "Do it again" she says, I can only assume she's the younger sister because Jessica nudges her to shut up and that's the thing me and Finn does. "I'm sorry, It was just cool. I knew twins had a good connection but I have never seen it before" she says as she looks us both over. They're dressed In causal shorts and tops.

"It's all good. I would like to apologise for barging in this way but we didn't know about you until 2/3 weeks ago and we had a lot to sort for the wedding" I said as I take my seat like everyone else did.

"Who's getting Married?2 Jessica asked before anyone else could get a word in. "I am" I said with such a big smile on my face. I knew that Finley wanted me to do the bouquet toss and that he wanted Naomi to catch it so he could propose to her, if she didn't catch it I have a spare of hold so I can hand it over to her and then it will be a nice surprise for her.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing. Who are you marrying?" she asks with such enthusiasm which it actually makes me smile because I have never had anyone I could openly talk to apart from Finley and our close pack members, I mean yeah, me and Charlie have a good friendship, I like to piss him off and he does his fair share of annoying me but he's like the best friend I have never had.

"Yeah who is this lucky man marrying you" Luca says with a weary smile on his face.

"Alpha Jaxon Hayes of the midnight pack" I said with such a big grin I think everyone nearly had a heart attack at my confession. SO I pull out my phone and show them a photo of me and Jaxon, I didn't show them our kids because I would rather them meet them in person if they do decide to want us in their life. Slow and steady wins the race apparently.

"As much as I enjoying this, is there a chance we can ask you for a favour please Alpha?" I ask, going a little shy again. I hate going shy, It makes me look weak and I am not weak anymore. I want to get to know this man if he is who he is, my mother had a good way of sneaking the truth out to save herself and she was a pretty damn good liar as well, I never forgave her for what she did to us but I won't speak ill of the dead. I spent 13 years assuming Thomas was our dad and when reality hit hard, it sure hit hard. 

"Of course"

"Can we get a DNA or paternity test done before anything else goes forward? I wouldn't want to get to know you and then it all goes messed up type of thing I would like to know first" I said looking down to the ground, I knew it was pointless even doing that anymore because I have grown more confident. I think it's a good Idea, and by the look on everybody else's faces, so do they.

"I was going to suggest that myself. I'm glad we are on the same page" I nodded my head and told them I will phone Jaxon to let him know that I will be home a little later than I planned, he doesn't mind and he was happy that I didn't bury my head in the sand but I think me and Finley need this, I think we both need the closure from our mother, the lies...the deceit and the betrayal that came with her secrets and don't get me wrong she did good, she did amazing actually. She could have gotten in touch with him some how and begged him to have us so we didn't suffer but that was her game all along...save her marriage but in a way, divorce her kids and then  play the doting mother when it was convenient.

"Where is your mother anyway? is she doing okay?" He asks and I guess he didn't get the message about the rogue attack. 

"She died. About 3 months ago. A rogue attack at their pack and they're wasn't enough warriors to fight them off. Apart from my mother, Thomas and Daisy,  and a few other members, everyone else was fine but we have our twin siblings at our pack house. they've settled in quite well. 

"She....Died?"

I nod my head and I think he must believe I'm joking, the look on his face doesn't sound so...upset but it doesn't seem happy either. "Why are you not more devastated by this?" he asks. 

"She choice her life. She chose Thomas over me and Finley, I told her so many times about the beatings and the neglect, how hungry I was and how cold the showers where because we never got money, we got to survive another atrocious day in their hellhole, I couldn't feel sorry for her If I tried." He nods his head but I knew it was hard for him to process, I just wanted this test done so I can go home and find my babies and my mate. I wanted to go home so I could endure a night of comfort, chocolates and plenty of snuggles with everyone I love. 

After the test was done I gave him mine and Finley's phone numbers and we left, he told us they should be back tomorrow with him putting an urgent on the pack that we did and it should be back later this evening but he will phone tomorrow. He gave both me and Finley a hug which surprised us both I think and then hugs went all around with everyone, Jessica and Rosie got our numbers so that even if they're not our siblings we will stay in touch maybe. I was grateful that they could probably be interested in having older siblings but I was also scared shitless.