Chapter 46 - end of a good day

Jaxons POV

"Jaxon" comes my father's voice over the loudness of the day's activities. The hustle and bustle of everyone enjoying themselves is what we like to achieve every once in a while.

"What's up Dad"

Over the last year, it's been a lot easier in the pack grounds, the workload became easier at the beginning of the year, and the training grounds added new grounds to allow more people to join and that is what everyone liked when changes happened. All of this meant we could host bigger groups for training and anyone could join as well the requests just kept piling in for further activities instead of the usual training we hosted and in some ways, I believe that doing activities like games day or a scavenger hunt for the kids and parents it builds the teamwork and the independence some people lack.
Having Esme around has been nothing but pure bliss for me and the team since she gave birth she's always been weary of her looks, she didn't want to put certain clothes on because of her looks but I always remind her of the same way I have done since she arrived that she's beautiful the way she is, she's an amazing mate and the best mother I know to our son.

"Is Esme doing okay? It's a bit warm out here and your mother is worried she's going to catch the sun and become ill"

"Have you tried telling Esme what to do recently? Poor Charlie had to go and get ice cream and chocolates this morning just so they could watch whatever it was they were going to watch tonight" I say reminding him the last time someone told her what to do.

My mother had the same question for me when I was summoned earlier about how she was going to overdo it and cause herself an injury but if I try and tell her to do something I get the 'let's not do this conversation now' kind of look. It is best to keep my mouth shut in any shape or form sometimes as they always say 'Don't make your missus mad or it won't end well'.

"Okay...okay fair point. Get your other on her case. She listens to her"

I agree with him because he's she does listen and no I don't get my ear chewed off in the process.

Games day is going by fine and my lady is doing an excellent job keeping the children entertained, hydrated and having fun all at the end of the day and I couldn't be prouder of her. It will be so nice once our little princess is here and we can begin our life properly! My dream was always to have a big family, several kids and a wife someday but when I didn't get my mate when I turned 18 I guess I didn't think I deserved one. The pack rules have always been the same, the alpha needs to have a Luna by his side or a chosen mate to cover the role of Luna by the time they are 25 and I'm so glad I managed to find my love.

I make my rounds around the field and make sure people are well and to see how their day is going then I scoot myself next to hunter and Charlie while watching everyone get drinks and refreshments.

"So boys..." Charlie starts.

"Yeah?" I ask while not even glancing his way. I guess that something stupid going to come out of his mouth, he and Hunter should have been brothers instead when I think about it.

"Grams and gramps are coming to town this weekend" and that... that's when I freeze and I stiffen completely. My dad's side of the family...not seen them in years and my grams is somewhat of an overbearing person, for an elderly woman she's got some good strength and skills still left inside of her and she not only intimidates the shit out of me...Big 6ft 2, built like a brick wall Alpha but she even outs my dad in an uncomfortable position. Which is why they don't come over usually.

"You know this weekend guys I actually have a thing..." Hunter says. Total bullshit if you ask me. He certainly isn't getting out of this one! If I'm stopping here with them then so is he!

"Oh no...no no no... if I'm staying here then so are you! Grams loves you more than us anyway" I say pointing a finger between me and Charlie.

Charlie is quick to interject before anyone else.
"Speak for yourself. She adores me most. You and Dad just can't grasp her humour" he says while flicking his head towards the sun and showcasing his big ego that appears through the shy, collected person he usually is.

"Why are they coming anyway?" I ask

"They heard you're a father now and Gramps wants to meet the next generation alpha of course," he says while lighting his cigarette

"Oh for fuck sake" And it isn't until I hear the sound of Charlie groaning that I realise my mother is making the rounds of clipping each boy around the ear for whatever reason.

"You..." she points at me, "will stay and not swear around innocent ears. And you" she says while pointing to Charlie, "will not smoke these things around the children" which makes me stifle a laugh because if only she would lift her head she would see her husband smoking around little Cami and her father Enrique.

"So I can't smoke out here but he can" he says pointing his finger towards my father. So I mind linking my dad to look our way so he can take a wild guess at what shirt he's going to be in soon.

"Dad in some shit now," I say while laughing at my mother who's staring direct daggers at my dad.

"Now if you mulpets will excuse me, minus you Madre because you're amazing, I'm going to find my mate and son" I say kissing the top of my mom's head and winking at both men next to her.

After finally finding Esme who is watching and cheering for the relay race that the adults are doing I snake my arms around her and give her a gentle kiss on her head which earns me a nice moan, not too loud but loud enough for me to hear.

"Well hey there handsome" she says as she tilts her head up towards me.

"Hello, beautiful. I see you are wearing a nice cap to keep yourself protected" I say with a hint of sarcasm. Why this woman doesn't listen to anyone other than my mother is beyond me.

"Mom told me to wear one. Said she doesn't want me to get poorly"

See... women.

"Don't insult me Mr" she says while jabbing me in the side. I fake a gasp which earns me a laugh and it's so nice to hear her laughing. Growing up I always dreamed of the times I'd find my sole mate and I'd find it the most beautiful thing in the world, with no complications and nothing but love and affection from the very beginning, oh how wrong I was to assume that.

"I don't insult. And besides my grams and Gramps are coming this weekend I thought I should prepare you" I say while kissing the inside of her neck. Since Esme has been a lot more open and wanting to speak she's had a fan of children who seek her out so she can play and she loves it. 18 years old but she's much more mature than other women I've seen before.

"I know. And I'm good" she fired back which made me jump my head up in shock. When the blooming heck did she find out if I have only just found out myself and I'm shitting myself.

"Since when did find out?" I ask

" this morning. I and Jacob and Mom were talking in the kitchen before I came to collect my brownies you hid"

"Hm. Well, I guess they didn't say how intimidating they are?"

"They did. And I'm okay with it. I'm getting used to this life now Jax."

Her voice is so soft and I love how easily she's slipped into a routine with me and our life and the chaos we call family.
She's the happiness I longed to have and I'm so glad I have her! She's the smiles and happiness at the end of a good day.