True Love's Curse

(Ben P.O.V)

When I came to, we were all ourselves again. I patted my body just to be sure and was relieved to be myself, though I did miss the fangs for a bit. I looked over to Ethan, and I felt my heart drop. He was still stone, it seemed like Audrey or Maleficent or whoever she was, cursed Ethan more than they did us. "Jay, help me get Ethan to Auradon Prep. Fairy Godmother needs to examine this curse." I said and Jay nodded, together the two of us helped get Ethan from his position and we headed back to the school. "Hattie is going to be broken after this." I said lowly, and everyone there agreed on that part. 

She wasn't there when me and Uma had to try and pick up the pieces that were left of Ethan's soul. He was and still is a shell of his former self, and I blame myself for this. I should've fought harder to keep Hattie here, but I didn't and now I'm entirely rethinking of my relationship with Mal due to the information I heard from Hattie. I need to know what kind of person Mal is or was to Hattie before I even think about continuing this engagement.  

(Hattie P.O.V)

I had carried Audrey to her dorm, her soul was fading quickly and it wasn't looking good. "Is there anything you can do?" Fairy Godmother asked me, Adam and Belle were right there alongside Queen Leah who was looking devastated. "No, unfortunately, this is beyond my power. I may be the Goddess of Life but there wasn't anything I could do when it comes to a soul almost gone." I explained and sighed, all my years of training wasted. "There is only one way to save her, and that's through Hades." Mal said and I agreed with her, which confused Ben severely. "He won't do it. Not even for Hattie." Ben said and Mal sighed and looked at her engagement ring. "He will if I ask him, he is my father as well." Mal revealed and everyone gasped. "Now you claim him as your dad, nineteen years later." I remarked but she didn't retort back. "I'll make the call, and Mal once this is over we will be talking." Ben said and Mal nodded. 

I sighed and looked at everyone, I knew something was wrong with Ethan as I wasn't allowed to see him yet. "Where's Ethan?" I asked them and the ones who were stone hitched their breathes and only Ben was able to look at me. "Ethan is still stone, Jay and I had to carry him back here." Ben revealed and I felt my heart shatter, just when I was able to start making things right with him, he's stuck like this. "Come with me Hattie, I will bring you to him." Fairy Godmother said and immediately I agreed, the walk was silent but he was in his dorm. I walked in and saw him standing there, still stone grey. 

Carefully I walked over to him and my shaking hand touched his cheek and it wasn't the cold feeling I liked from him. "Is there anyway to help him?" I asked her and she looked at me with saddened eyes. "Only True Love's Kiss can break this curse dear." She explained and I nodded, she left and I heard the door close. I never went into his dorm, he was only ever in mine and I could see many pictures of me and him around the room. There were pictures of him with his family, one with his entire family, including his late father on his nightstand next to one of us on our spa date. 

The tears fell down my face, there was no way he was my True Love, it is impossible. Sure he and I have kissed in the past but there has been no official way for me to tell if we were destined to be together like Mal and Ben, and even then their relationship is now on the rocks. "I'm sorry Ethan, I did this to you and now you're paying the consequences of my actions. I promise to be there by your side for as long as I can until your life ends." I whispered to him, hoping that he hears me. 

Guys play the song

(Lyrics - Italics - Hattie, Underlined - Chorus)

If I could do it all over, baby, I'd do it different
Maybe I wouldn't be here, in this position
I found you and I lost you, looking back is torture
And it hurts to know I let you go
You live right around the corner
And I could've had it all, could've had it all

True love, I knew I had it
True love was so hard to find
True love, if I could get it back
I'd never let it go this time
True love is an inspiration
True love, it was mine, oh, mine
True love, if I could get it back
I'd never let it go
I'd never let it go this time

Feeling it all around me, wondering how I blew it
And I wanna know the secret of how they do it
No such thing as perfection, I'm still learning that lesson
To forgive is key to forgetting me
And I'm staring at my reflection
And I could've had it all, could've had it all

True love, I knew I had it
True love was so hard to find
True love, if I could get it back
I'd never let it go this time
True love is an inspiration
True love, it was mine, oh, mine
True love, if I could get it back
I'd never let it go
I'd never let it go this time

If I knew then what I do now, I'd be with you tonight
If I knew then what I'd do now, we'd be alright
I could've had it all, could've had it all
Could've had it all, could've had it all

True love, I knew I had it
True love was so hard to find (Could've had it all)
True love, if I could get it back
I'd never let it go this time (I'd never let it go)
True love is an inspiration
True love, it was mine, oh, mine
True love, if I could get it back, yeah
If only I could get it back, I'd

True love, I'd never let it go
True love, it was mine, oh, mine
True love, I could've had it
Could've had it, could've had it all
True love is an inspiration
True love, it was mine, oh, mine
True love, yeah
If I could get it back, I'd never let it go this time

I'd never let it go this time
True love

I looked at his stone face hesitantly, my once grey eyes were blue with my magic surrounding us. "Please Fates, let him come back." I prayed and braved my fears.

(3rd P.O.V)

As Hattie closed her eyes and gently kissed the stone version of Ethan. A glow came around the two. Ethan slowly turned from stone to his normal self, the golden hew spiraling around them as Ethan returned the kiss much harder and deeper than ever before. Hattie opened her eyes and began crying happily. "Ethan!!" She shouted and with that, she jumped up and he held her by her thighs and rested his hands on her bottom to keep her up. He fell into the bed and Hattie was on top of him, her smile was brighter than the sun according to Ethan. 

Hattie got off of Ethan and just held onto him, fearing to lose him once more. "I love you Hattie." Ethan said to her and she smiled and kissed him yet again, softer this time compared to the rest. "I love you too." Hattie said and the two yawned and after sending Ben a text to come to Ethan's door to wake her when her dad gets there, the two fell asleep, happily in their arms. 

Authors opinion: Hi everyone and here is the next chapter. I finally made the two realize that they're meant for each other, yeah I know three movies later but hey, better late than never. We're almost done with the film but not with the story, either way until the next time bye