Ignoring the Isle's People, Again

(Ethan P.O.V)

Today was another meeting with the council, and as I was looking at the agenda for the meeting, yet again the Isle wasn't one of the topics. This was getting ridiculous anymore since it seems as though the dream that we both had is nothing anymore to Ben and I don't know how much more I can take of this. It isn't fair to the children and the people on the Isle who are stuck there to be left forgotten by us, it's our duty to help them in their time of need and they need us, more than ever. 

Ben barely even acknowledged me before the meeting started and the council talked about the key points being made here. I understand that these things are important, but something like Cotillion could've waited another six months to a year but nope, we have to have it now. Ben never asked about my opinion as his Advisor with anything, and I disagreed on how some of these things were talked about, he's more worried about appeasing the older generation instead of making changes that are most important. 

Once the meeting was done, he asked me to do his work so he could go on a date with Mal. "Ben, you can't keep ignoring the people on the Isle, you need to bring this to the council attention so we can work on this issue." I reminded Ben for the twentieth time this month alone and his usual answer. "I'll get to it, I promise." He said and left to see Mal, who by the way, she's about to have a nervous breakdown from the amount of stress she's under trying to be the perfect girl. I swear this boy is oblivious to the issues around him, and ignoring the one's that are being addressed to him. Something I think he learned from his Father, and something I learned from my Father, was to face the problem in an unconventional way. "Ben, you need to see the conditions on the Isle, and I'll show you." I told myself and placed his paperwork in his office and headed to Hattie, it's time to commence operation - Wake Up Call.

(Hattie P.O.V)

Ethan sent me a text saying 'Pack your Isle gear, Wake Up Call is a go.' and I knew what that meant. Operation - Wake Up Call is basically a plan that me and Ethan have been working on for a while, basically me and Ethan go on the Isle and we take pictures of the Isle, all the while Ben doesn't know that we're missing. I know that this is dangerous since I might not be in good standings with everyone there but I hope I can still protect Ethan and he won't get harmed. 

Once I was packed, I had my sword on standby in a duffel bag and locked my dorm room then headed off. I also left a voicemail to Dad about where I was in case he worries... I'm probably very much grounded but this is very important so I'll take the grounding with a smile. Ethan came and he had this punk outfit that he said he wore one Halloween but it was perfect for the Isle. There were shades of blue in there that were as dark as my blue I normally associated with and he pulled it off, not gonna lie but the leather pants made his butt look really good, not many boys can pull off the leather pants. 

Pants are dark blue leather, I just liked how this looked and thought it would be simple for him

Adding black leather pants to this as the skirt seems kind of see through and I didn't want that for Hattie

Adding black leather pants to this as the skirt seems kind of see through and I didn't want that for Hattie. Sorry but if you want to imagine her without the pants then you can but personally I'm adding it to the story.

We got to Ethan's scooter, he wasn't going to tell his Mom about this trip. We have no clue as to how she would react. Thankfully nobody was around so we were able to get off the school property easily and so when we got to where the bridge was, this was the main test. On our way out of the school lot, I 'borrowed' one of the remotes so we were able to get on and off the Isle when we chose to. One click of the button, I was able to activate the bridge and we drove across the bridge and landed on the central part of the Isle. We stopped and we hid our bike here and we looked around and saw that the Isle was still as bad as when I had left. "You grew up here?" Ethan asked, his voice was filled with shock and horror, he really didn't understand the stories about the Isle until now. "Yeah, for 16 years I was here." I told him and he immediately hugged me which made me blush since I wasn't expecting it. 

"You never have to experience this ever again, nor will anyone else. I will make sure that this is taken cared of, nobody deserved this type of treatment." He said and I smiled and thanked him, but now here was the tough part, getting to the Wharf and to Ursula's restaurant without being noticed by the people. My hair wasn't on fire so that was good, but I had to hide my features and made sure Ethan's features were hidden as well, his face was plastered with hate signs all over the Isle as well as Ben's and his family. I ruffled Ethan's hair and put on a spare hat I had in my duffel bag and brought out my sword and grabbed my hoodie and placed it on and hid my hair. "Let's get to Uma, and hopefully she'll accept my apology for not being able to get her and the others off the Isle." I said and Ethan looked at me. "If everything you told me about her is true, she'll accept your apology and I'll tell her the truth, you told me that she's basically a human lie detector so this should be easy." He said and I smiled and together we began our journey to the Wharf.

Authors opinion: Hey everyone and here is the newest chapter and boy is this one interesting, we basically made it seem like there is an evil plot against Ben but there isn't and it will be explained in the next chapter. Either way I hope you guys nejoyed this chapter and so until the next time bye