Truth Revealed

(Hattie P.O.V)

When we reached the cabin, I could hear Audrey, and who I think was Chad. Completely forgot about his existence. Before we could continue walking though, Audrey popped out of nowhere and I stood in front of Ethan. "Well... well... well. Look who finally showed up, after three... long years." Audrey spoke and I growled at her words. "Watch that tone, Audrey, unlike Mal, I ain't afraid to tell you where to shove that Sceptor. Now give me the Sceptor Audrey, and you won't get severe punishment." I warned her and she simply laughed at that sentence. "Oh, you won't do anything to me, Hattie. You're too soft to try and hurt me." She provoked and I simply snapped my fingers and there were thorns around her arms and legs, trapping her in place. "That is where you're wrong, now release the Dragon's Eye before it is too late." I ordered, once again, she simply laughed. "Oh boo hoo, don't you have a pacifier to shut your mouth? I mean c'mon with the whining already, no wonder Mal basically tried to kill you growing up." She said and I froze, and something clicked in my head. "Want to tell me specifically what happened then, Audrey? Or should I say, Maleficent?" I questioned the girl and that's where I saw it, Maleficent was controlling Audrey. 

"Clever girl, shame that my own daughter can't be like you." Maleficent said and I rolled my sapphire eyes. "As soon as you said that sentence, it made perfect sense. Now, release Audrey before I destroy your existence. The girl has done nothing to you, other than be born to Aurora and Phillip." I commanded, my Goddess powers flowing out of me like waves. Ethan was behind me, preparing to fight and yet I won't let him get hurt in this mess. "Oh, I think not. This host is rather young and fruitful, however useless due to lack of magical abilities but who cares." She said and with that, she broke free from her chains and hit me with a blast of magic and I rolled backwards but landed onto my knees. "Hattie!" Ethan called out and started blasting ice at Maleficent, but the dark fae was faster than him, and easily was able to dodge his attacks. "I grow tired of this." She said and I saw her turn Ethan into stone right in front of me. "NO!!" I shouted and growled and tried to hit her with something but she laughed and disappeared. 

Quickly I got off the ground and ran to his side. "No, no, no. Ethan, Ethan baby please say something! PLEASE!" I shouted and when he didn't respond, I screamed in pain, tears streaming down my face. 

(Mal P.O.V)

After reuniting with Ben, we were heading towards the cabin when we heard screaming. We all ran to see Hattie bawling in tears, right next to a statue of someone. I paled when I saw who it was. "Oh no." I muttered, Audrey had turned Ethan into stone right in front of Hattie. "Ethan!" Ben yelled and ran towards his best friend, I walked along with everyone else. Ben went to Hattie's side and held her up, the girl was broken and while 12 hours ago it would've made me smile, now I feel nothing. "... He tried fighting against Maleficent, and she did this to him. We have to stop her before Audrey dies." Hattie said and my eyes widened, she said my mom did this? But right now Mom's a lizard in a cage in the dorms still. "Stop lying, Mom didn't do this. She has no access to her magic." I reminded her and she looked at me, her eyes slightly puffy from crying, I rolled my eyes internally since she was always the weaker one. 

"Think about it Mal, how else would Audrey, a girl born with zero magical abilities, be able to wield the Dragon's Eye? You know this as much as I do, that Sceptor will curse those with no magic to instantly die if wielding it, and yet Audrey isn't dead yet. But she's slipping and I have to make sure that she doesn't, she's too young to die for your mother's inexcusable thoughts of domination." Hattie retorted and all I saw was red. "Really, last time I checked Hattie, yours abandoned you at the age of eight. You don't even know anything about my mom." I stated and everyone moved backward from us two. Hattie growled and she just jumped and hit my jaw with her fists and I was struggling to get her off, it took Ben, Jay, Harry and Gil to get her off, and both Harry and Gil held her back. My nose was slightly bleeding and I was stunned, she never acted like that before. 

Hey guys, just a warning for foul language here for those who don't like that :)

"I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT MAL! YOU HAVE MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL SINCE WE WERE KIDS, AND FOR WHAT REASON?!" She shouted and I just stood there frozen, my nose being covered with a cloth to stop the bleeding. "I hope Ben realizes that he's marrying someone willing to kill someone for something so juvenile that she doesn't even talk about. When this is over Maleficent, I hope I never, ever, have to see your pathetic face again. And you are your mother's daughter, just as fucked up and demented as she is." Hattie said and with one last glance at Ethan, she disappeared in a flurry of smoke. 

Ben looked at me with a look of confusion and betrayal, I know I have to explain that to him. I simply hope that he doesn't leave me because of this.

Authors opinion: Hey everyone and here is another chapter. I know that this was interesting but hey, we're getting to the root of the issues between Mal and Hattie. I couldn't wait to get this going for you all and to finally close the books on Ethan and Hattie's story. I am also thinking of making another Descendants book, based around Harry Hook this time, that is all I'm willing to disclose at the moment. Either way I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and until the next time bye