C.40

*Jade*

My eyes that were crusted shut burned as I started to peel them open. The clamorous sound of banging on the other side of my door startled me awake.

I had fallen asleep in a nightmare and woken up in one as well, apparently.

"Jade?!" Dácio yelled from the other side.

I rolled my eyes and released all frustrations while walking to open the door.

"Yes sir?" I yawned, opening it to see Dácio with a fist in the air.

He was ready to bang again until he saw me. His body softened as well as his gaze, and a moment of sadness fell between us.

"My sister was wondering if you were still going since you weren't downstairs for breakfast..." he asked.

I thought he was waking me up to hand out last nights punishment, and this morning's since I skipped a meal. But he just stood there with a non threatening demeanor, and head held low for once.

"Yes, sorry, I wasn't feeling too good this morning," I somewhat lied.

"I'll let her know, but I do expect you to eat lunch while out, and we're having dinner together again tonight."

There it was- his dominance coming through once again.

"Yes sir."

"Veronica does not know the details of our relationship, so watch your mouth as well," he warned, finally giving me a heads up.

"Yes sir," I repeated, tone growing more agitated by the second.

"We'll talk after dinner tonight, in our room... come here," he opened his arms to me.

I accepted the warm embrace even while upset. I wanted things between us to be good all of the time, not just at moments, but that didn't change the fact that I couldnt deny his touch.

"I still want you, and I still want us," he reminded, referencing back to our brief conversation in the car.

"This is for you," he slid one of his cards out of his pocket and into my hand.

He wrapped my fingers around the currency before sealing it with a kiss.

"Behave today, yeah?"

"I'll try sir," I chuckled.

We shared a small kiss before he left me to get ready for the day. The interaction didn't excuse last nights events, but putting a hurting on his card would be a good start.

()()()

Veronica and I had been having the most wonderful day. The woman could talk for hours about any and everything, and she started to feel like my sister more than his.

At the nail salon we talked crap about past boyfriends before she told me how her and her husband met. At the mall we laughed about how different our styles were. Then lunch rolled around and she had finally found my least favorite topic.