C.22

*Jade*

"Jade?" I heard Dacio's voice call after me.

I had spent a little over thirty minutes crying on the balcony, not moving a muscle since the phone call with my parents. While I had stopped crying, I still found myself feeling unwanted anger, and it was towards the very man looking for me.

"Jade..." Dácio sighed once he found me.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well.." he awkwardly started once he saw my tear stained cheeks.

He bent down to scoop me up, but I stopped him to stand up on my own. If he was going to spoil me like a princess then he was going to get the royal attitude that stood behind it.

"They know I'm safe and with you," was all I said as I walked past him inside to the bathroom.

"You know better than to walk away from me like that," Dácio grabbed my wrist, catching me as soon as I stepped foot inside.

"What's the matter?" His sharp eyes grew softer as he used my arm to pull me closer.

"What happened to after care, huh? I though that was apart of the contract? I think I did a good enough job to deserve that, even with the whole parent situation.." I found myself rambling as my eyes began to swell with tears again.

Dácio wrapped his burly arms around me, shushing me as he pulled me into his chest. He smelt of his exquisite masculine scent with a hint of baby powder, putting all of my nerves to rest.

"This is why after care is so important, and considered a punishment when you go without it. You did absolutely amazing beautiful, and I'm sorry I let my anger in that moment prevent me from doing my half," he vocalized his genuine thoughts.

As if it never happened, the past hour was wiped from my memory..

Though that didn't mean I wasn't going to milk him for it anyways.

"I accept your apology. I'm sorry for not doing my half either.." I apologized as well.

I didn't always have to address Dácio by sir or master. Usually when discussing emotions or getting to know one another, if I didn't say it after a response then it wasn't the end of the world. That's because he's talking to me as my partner, and not my dominant.

"I know how sudden both of our lives changed but that goes for your parents too. They deserved to know, and you don't wanna live your life as a lie..." he reminded.

"You're right. I feel better after telling them anyways," I shrugged, not entirely mad that I just told my parents I dropped out of college to become a sugar baby.

Not everyone could do it, some would really rather die, but I didn't see it as something that serious, so I prayed that they didn't either..

"So... how about a bubble bath in the guest bathroom, and I'll fix you some wine and cheese," Dácio smiled as he carried me through our villa.

"That sounds amazing," I dramatically replied, mouth gaped as I stared him down.

We shared a few playful pecks before he set me down on the bathroom counter. I played with my nails while he ran my bath, getting it nice and bubbly as he prepared everything as promised.