C.27

*Jade*

Numerous emotions filtered through me that I had to mask with a poker face instead. I wondered if she knew who I was and was playing dumb or if Dácio truly never mentioned us being a couple.

"Jade, his girlfriend," I answered cockily as I took her hand in mine.

I tried to hide my disgust as we shook hands. Dácio just stood by his desk sipping his coffee while scrolling through his phone.

"Oh, nice to meet you! I was wondering why his order was so long this morning," she smiled.

I giggled a small 'yeah' as I looked to him here and there in hopes he'd save me from having to speak any further.

To my luck, he did.

"Dani, did you finish going through those emails like I asked you?" Dácio asked.

"Yes sir."

As she answered him I noticed the similarities we had to share. While she was shorter than me she still had a curvy figure, and I hated to admit it but her face was stunning. Not only that, but we both had to address to him as sir whenever doing anything he asked.

Which made me ponder what made me so different after all...

"Anything new?" He asked, passing me my coffee that I had almost forgotten about.

"Mr. Liles is still waiting on that invoice, and almost went without paying. You might want to look into your employment held responsible for that," she recommended, reading through the small pen pad tucked in her suit jacket.

"Hmm... anything else?"

I just sipped my coffee in disgust as I watched the two interact while perched on the edge of his desk. Legs crossed and eyes slit as I bit my tongue.

"Not as of right now. Just receipts and reminders that I've already added to your calendar sir," she answered, tucking the paper away like a nerd.

"Very well, thank you," he complimented.

"No problem sir."

"Jade will be joining you at our meeting this morning. I just want her to watch, and you dismiss any talk towards her, understand?" He advised.

"Yes sir."

The more she said sir the more I wanted to rip my own ears off.

"Oh, and great work on the order. I mistyped and you somehow still got it right, I'm impressed," he breathily chuckled, giving her a quaint nod on his way to the door.

"Oh no worries. I'd be more disappointed in myself if I got it wrong. I have been here for almost a year now," she giggled back.

While the situation clearly showed to be platonic, I still couldn't stand it. I no longer wanted my breakfast. At least not until she was out of site.

"You will be joining me again on the annual trip right?" Dacio asked, making my ears perk up like a hound.

"Of course sir, I wouldn't miss it for the world," she giggled goofily.