C.4

*Jade*

"What are you doing Jade?"

A question I couldn't stop asking myself lately.

I stared at the unnerving lights of the elegant restaurant. I could hear the live classical music from outside but it felt far from relaxing.

9:10pm
my phone read.

I had arrived several minutes after the original time asked to be there (nine), yet, I couldn't get my shaky legs to move.

"Are you really about to throw away your job- your life?!"

"You could turn around right now and still be to work on time!"

"Just raise your grades to a C and promise to never fail again."

So many rational thoughts clouded my brain, but for the first time in a while- I could be a teenager.

I was taking a risk that I could either benefit or learn from. He offered luxury, something I wouldn't be getting a taste of any time soon if I stayed on the outside of those doors.

So I filled my lungs with the chilly air of the night, closed my eyes for a brief second, and finally made my way towards the entrance.

I greeted the welcoming host with a matching smile. I always found myself being extra nice to service workers in the food industry since I was one myself.

"Name?" The blonde haired man asked politely.

"Jade Sanders."

"Right this way," he nodded, then led me through the tasteful restaurant.

I felt a tad under dressed once inside. I had on a tight lacy black dress that hugged my figure nicely. My heels matched my outfit but every shoe I glanced at on my way through had red bottoms, and the bling off of peoples jewelry kept catching my eye.

"Here you are. You two enjoy," he smiled sweetly before walking off.

"Hi.." I awkwardly greeted while taking a seat across from Dácio.

I didn't have much time to observe his attire. I already had nerves eating me from head to toe, and showing up late for our dinner didn't ease them. All I had time to observe was the emerald bluish color of his shirt this time that he looked enchanting in.

Until he opened his mouth.

"I'm almost positive the paper I gave you said 9... it's 9:23," he noted.

"Sorry, the bus doesn't always run on time," I lied.

He didn't say anything else but took a sip from the dark glass of wine.

"Would you like some? You seem tense," he offered.

I noticed an empty wine glass next to a chilled glass of water in front of me. A menu sat between the two along with several specific utensils for dinner.

"No, thank you. Not a big drinker," I honestly declined.

When I did get under the influence, I preferred smoking over drinking. Even though I never minded either.