𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

☄️從死裡復活 ☄️

The room was filled with Silence when Taehyun opened his eyes.

"Ugh, damn the light." Taehyun muttered, as his eyes adjusted to the bright light of the morning sun shining upon his face through the front window.

He tried sitting up, using his arms as support, only to realise it was being held down by something, more like someone. A soft yet hard palm, holding his wrist in a gentle grip. He looked at the owner of the said hand, only to realise it was the same guy he almost died saving.

The Prince of Neanderthal, Kai Kamal Huening.

"What happened here?" Taehyun thought as he looked around the room to see Kai sleeping beside his bed, with his head resting uncomfortably on the bed-side. He will probably have neck-pain when he wakes up.

As he ran his eyes around the small room, he caught the scene of his two friends; Yeonjun and Soobin sleeping on the couch leaning against each other. Just what went down here?

Wait.... he's not dead?

He looked down at himself to see his wound fully healed, and he wasn't feeling an ounce of pain in his body.

"Yeonjun can't heal that with his powers, nor Soobin...so how-"

Taehyun was so engrossed in his thoughts, he didn't realise the movement on the bed beside him.

"You're awake!!"  The Prince's loud voice shook him out of his thoughts, as he turned his head to look at the Prince, who had a look of relief on his face.

"Yeonjun! Soobin! Taehyun is awake!!" Kai almost yelled, feeling too excited and elated to see that the Warlock was finally awake.

Yeonjun and Soobin hurriedly got up, with Yeonjun almost falling off the couch, but thankfully Soobin caught him.

"Taehyun! How are you feeling?" Yeonjun immediately rushed to his bestfriend's side, checking his wound to notice it was fully healed, and his skin was back to it's normal colour, healthy and slightly tanned glowing skin.

"I'm feeling fine...what exactly happened?" Taehyun asked, wanting to know what exactly happened to make him almost come back from death, because no way Yeonjun would be able to heal him, nor Soobin had that much Mana. Elfs have less Mana than Witches.

The only witches which had the most powerful healing mana were Moonstone witches, which was Taehyun. So if he was on deathbed, who actually healed him?

He took a look at the others, to see Yeonjun looking away in nervousness, and the Prince's head hung low in shame. Soobin looked out of it, only flashing a sympathetic look to him. This had him getting confused. Just what exactly happened while he was not awake?

"Why that long face? What happened while I was asleep?" Taehyun asked, looking at his friends who refused to utter a single word.

"Someone may or may not have used Dark Magic to save you."  The husky-deep voice of the Knight was heard from the doorstep.

Taehyun whipped his head towards the sound to see the Knight standing there with the younger Princess, looking at him.

"Black magic? WHAT?" Taehyun yelled, his eyes widening in shock. Black magic? Yeonjun did black magic to save him?

"Is that true hyung? You performed black magic to save me?" Taehyun asked, almost jumping off his bed to grab Yeonjun by his shoulders, looking at him horrified.

"Tell me Sir Beomgyu is joking!" He cried, shaking Yeonjun's shoulder, only to get Silence as a response.

"Y-you, you g-guys.." Taehyun stuttered in disbelief, looking at his friends in bewilderment. They performed black magic?

Why was he so panicked you ask? Because black magic doesn't only have physical consequences, it has Social consequences as well. Black Magic is a forbidden form of magic, and if the other Witches or Warlocks find about it, Yeonjun might be imprisoned or worse, executed by the Head Witch for it. It was strictly prohibited and no matter the reason, one can't perform it.

Taehyun was about to rip his hair out and scream. How did they end up like this?

"S-so, your witch Mark-"

"Yes, it's corrupted." Yeonjun sighed, showing Taehyun his mark which looked like Purple Berries tangled with wines and flowers; now looking like a black tattoo. It was now corrupted , the shiny purple glow from it long gone like it never existed in the first place.

Yeonjun was from the Winterberry Witch clan with mastery in Water and water element manipulation magic.

(A/n: Yeonjun was able to manipulate H²0 in any form, whether it be liquid, solid or gas.)

"What were you thinking Hyung!" Taehyun hollered, feeling the panic inside him rise. Yeonjun performed Dark Magic, he was in danger. And sacrifice...wait...what did he sacrifice?

"Hyung, what was the sacrifice? What did you sacrifice?"

Taehyun continued to ask questions, his eyes searching the older warlock's for explainations, but only getting an awkward silence.

"Tell me guys come on!" Taehyun begged, having no idea what to do. His bestfriend's witch mark was corrupted, and they are in danger, and god knows what Yeonjun offered as the sacrifice.

"I was the sacrifice.The Prince, who was quite all this time, spoke up; making Taehyun whip his head towards his direction.

"What?" Taehyun asked flabbergasted.

"Yes. I was the sacrifice." Kai answered once again, finally making eye-contact with the Warlock.

Taehyun's breath hitched as he made eye-contact with the Prince, his heart thumping in fear and anxiety. What did the Prince Sacrifice for him?

"What did you Sacrifice?" Taehyun asked, his voice low.

"7 years." Kai answered, looking away feeling a little embarassed.

"What 7 years?" Taehyun asked comfused.

"I sacrificed 7 years from my lifespan in exchange of saving your life." Kai replied.

The Prince's word hit Taehyun like a brick. He sacrificed 7 years of his lifespan for him? Why.... why would he do that?

"W-why....?" The question lingered in the air, tension so thick it could be cut with a knife.

Why did Kai sacrifice his lifespan for the Warlock? He has no idea himself. Maybe it's the guilt, that he killed him despite him being his saviour, maybe it's the gratitude, that he saved him and his kingdom, or maybe it was the pain in his chest he felt, when he realised the Warlock's shiny glittery eyes would lose it's shine if he doesn't do anything.

"I- I don't k-know." Kai stuttered back. What was he supposed to reply?

He doesn't have an answer to that. How can he answer a question he doesn't know the answer of himself? Maybe, deep in his heart; he did. But he wouldn't admit that. He doesn't deserve to feel that, after what he did to Taehyun.

"Maybe I really am a Coward, when it comes to my own feelings."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Hello Luvs!! Author Rin is back again, and have this chapter as an early Christmas gift! My exams ended yesterday, so here is an update to celebrate that lmao.

And yes, this is gonna be a long-ass good book👹 I have new ideas to add ehe, so be ready!
Hope y'all liked this chapter, and hopefully my lazy, unproductive ass would update it again soon and I won't disappear on y'all like a Blackpink cb💀👍

Anyways, Take Care my Luvs, and enjoy your holidays as well! See you in the next chapter!
-Rin💓