𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

☄️ 腐化女巫印記☄️

Black Magic, a powerful form of magic, through which you can do the unthinkable. Magic is classified into mainly two types: Pure/White Magic and Dark/Black Magic.
Pure Magic is a the form of magic with limited powers and no consequences, whereas; Dark magic has infinite power but with consequences according to the level of Magic you're using.

Dark Magic has been considered forbidden from ages, as the outcome of Dark Magic was rather harmful than good. People used it for wrong purposes, and many lost their lives because of the heavy consequences, hence the Magic users declared it as a forbidden magic.

Every witch and warlock has a witch mark of their clan by birth, and when someone used Dark Magic, their witch mark gets corrupted, meaning they did the forbidden act, and faced the consequences.

Huening Kai watched Yeonjun start the magic. He had never seen the Mage so nervous upon doing something, even Soobin looked stressed. Was doing black magic that bad?

"Ofcourse it's bad, it's forbidden for a reason." Kai thought, and kept his mouth shut.

He wondered what Yeonjun had sacrificed, since Kai's Sacrifice was already scary enough.

In black magic, the caster had to sacrifice somethings as well, besides the "Sacrifice". He hoped it wasn't something too bad, or else he will feel guilty forever. It was his fault afterall.

+×+

Yeonjun took a deep breathe. He was really doing it, he was doing the forbidden, but it's okay, it's for good use. It's for saving a life, it won't be that bad....right?

Yeonjun shook off the negative thoughts as he saw the Brunette laying in the bed fighting for his life. He was doing it for him, his witch mark doesn't matter now.

"Alright, let's get over this." Yeonjun mumbled and took the ceramic bowl which had Kai's blood, and poured the Royal Blue potion in it. It mixed and became a purple coloured liquid, matching the Purple light emitting from Yeonjun's fingertips.

As a Sacrifice, Yeonjun was offering his Mana. After doing this, 1/4th of his mana will be used. He can do that much. He will still have 3/4 of his Mana.

(A/n: Mana is the amount of magic power a witch/mage has. It's like a flow of energy, and it recharges, but very slowly)

Yeonjun started the magic, using the new-formed liquid , he drew the shape of his witch mark on Taehyun's abdomen, where Kai had plunged the sword. After drawing the mark, he placed his hand over it, purple sparkles and light emitting from his hands as his Mana flowed into Taehyun's body, making every part of him shine. The room was filled with a blinding light, as Yeonjun performed the dark magic.

"Aghh.." the whimper of the Warlock performing the magic was heard. His witch mark on his shoulder blade was getting corrupted, turning into a dark black colour from purple. It glowed red, like it was buring Yeonjun's skin, finally turning pitch black.

Yeonjun gasped, as he removed his hands from Taehyun's body, panting. Sweat trickled down his neck, as he felt the after-effets of using such heavy magic. Having 1/4th of his Mana drained was exhausting, and with his witch mark corrupted, he had to deal with the stinging sensation he felt on his shoulder blade.

He slumped on the floor beside Taehyun's bed, as Soobin rushed to his side.

"Yeonjun are you okay?" The forest elf asked, placing his palm on the other's witch mark, which was now pitch black, like a tattoo on his fair skin.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired." Yeonjun replied in a shaky voice, holding onto Soobin, who gladly held him in his arms, looking at him worried.

"What about Taehyun? Did the magic work?" Soobin asked, and Yeonjun found Kai looking at him for answers as well.

He took a deep breathe, trying to calm his beating heart after doing all this, and nodded.

"Yeah, he's okay. The magic worked. He's still unconscious, as his body is getting healed from my Mana, he will wake up with the sunrise." Yeonjun answered, and he heard Soobin sigh in relief and Kai mutter a "thankgod" under his breathe.

Taehyun was out of danger, and Kai couldn't be happier. He got up from his place, and walked up to the bed where Taehyun laid, looking much better than he did before, the colour returning to his face. He was really okay now...he was okay. Taehyun was okay.

Kai took one of Taehyun's hands in his, holding it tightly and kissing his knuckles.
"I'm sorry, I made you go through all of this. I'm so relieved that you're okay." He mumbled, as tears threatened to fall from his eyes. His mind was swirling with different emotions;  Nervous, Thankfulness, happiness and most importantly Relief.

"Ahm... we're still here you know?" Yeonjun said clearing his throat, to which Kai yelped and let Taehyun's hand fall back on his side.

"O-oh um yeah, I-i was just checking." Kai answered sheepishly, blushing pink.

"Are you done checking then?" Soobin asked with a teasing smirk.

"Yeah! Thankyou Yeonjun, and I'm sorry too...it all happened because of me." Kai said, feeling guilty.

It's okay Kai, everything is fine now, and you paid for your mistake, you sacrificed your life-expectancy for him afterall." Yeonjun replied with a smile. Sure, he was angry at the Prince before, but he understood his situation too. Afterall the boy had no idea about the plan and things they did to fight off the Duke.
Speaking about that, they seriously need to explain everything to the Prince, they can't keep him in the dark.

"Okay....but what did you Sacrifice?" Kai asked, the guilt creeping up again. What if Yeonjun had to sacrifice too much because of his mistake? Gosh, why did he had to do that?

"I sacrificed 1/4th of my Mana, which is the amount of Magic power I have in myself. It's no big-deal, it can be re-genertated with the help of Potions. Taehyun knows how to make the Mana potion so it will be okay." Yeonjun answered, feeling much better after Soobin comforted him and soothed his Witch Mark with his magic.

"So, everything is alright now?" Kai asked, hoping everything was okay for real now. He didn't want anymore trouble and just wanted Taehyun to wake up as soon as possible.

"Yeah, everything's okay...but um... actually we need to have a talk. You need to know what actually happened and why Taehyun did wnat he did." Yeonjun said, bringing up the topic.

Kai nodded in understanding, he was curious himself. He needed to know what exactly happened that things turned out like this. He can't be kept in the dark.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Hello Luvs! I'm back and no, this isn't the end. I decided to take it longer, and what do you guys say? Should I make it longer, so Kai and Taehyun's dynamic can be explored a little better? I like some good slow-burn romance afterall heh. Both of them need to clear their misunderstandings and come clear with their feelings afterall..so I think I'll make this story longer.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter! See you in the next one! Thankyou sm for 5.1k reads my Luvs<3
-Rin💗