chapter thirty-two.

𝐓 𝐎 𝐌

It had been an hour.

I stopped at the mansion, looking at fiona with my lips pursed.

the whole ride she just.. trembled. she didn't speak, she didn't ask questions, she just stared out the window until she fell asleep.

I didn't blame her. I owed her a massive explanation. but for now, I just needed some time with her.

I got out, and headed towards the passengers side. I pulled open the door, lifting her out.

she was practically weightless.

I furrowed my eyebrows a little, looking down before nudging the door closed.

I kicked open the front door, walking in as i immediately headed upstairs. I heard the boys get out of their cars outside.

I went into my room, and placed her down on my bed. I unzipped her jacket, pulling it past her shoulders and down her arms.

I put my hand on the side of her slim stomach. she had gotten skinnier.

she adjusted herself, mumbling a little as her hand dashed to her stomach. I removed my hand, looking down at the ring on her finger.

my ring.

I smiled a little, looking down. I then pursed my lips, and headed out of the room before closing the door behind me.

I went downstairs, rubbing my nose bridge.

"Is she alright?"

"she didn't talk the whole ride."

"I mean, you were 'dead' for three months, tom.."

I looked down, nodding a little with a small sigh.

𝐅 𝐈 𝐎 𝐍 𝐀

i sighed, rubbing my temple as i sat up. I felt my jacket slide down past my hands and off of me as i slowly stood up.

I looked doen, then at the door.

I went downstairs, stopping at the last floorboard.

"she's underweight. really, underweight. she doesn't weigh anything. I lift her, and It's like carrying a goddamn pillow." Tom mumbled, putting his head in his hands as he paced a little.

Bill pursed his lips, looking down.

"and- god, god I know i haven't been around. but i just.. needed time to think. Enzo, Fiona, dad, you, the Italians, everything was so much. and when i had her in the backseat of the car that night? something inside of me broke down."

"and..

and I bailed." he whispered. "I bailed on.. on the girl I fucking love. how much more could she take? how much more, Bill?"

I looked down, slowly going down the rest of the stairs, and sneaking to the bathroom.

I went in, pulling off my shirt before looking at myself.

was it really that bad?

I put my hand on my upper stomach, feeling my ribcage just past my skin. It wasn't to the point where it was visible, but you could feel it.

I heard footsteps, and saw tom walk in. hid face softened, and he sighed.

"hey, hey.. what are you doing up, baby?" he mumbled, pulling my arms up before putting my shirt back on. he turned me around, lifting my chin to look at him.

I didn't reply. I put my head on his chest, hugging him tight.

he was treating me softly.

I appreciated that, but man i could barely express my emotions as much as i could before, and that was that.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered, taking in the longed scent of his cologne that I had missed so much.

"no, fiona, I fucking love you, alright? I- I shouldn't have left. this never would have happened, and-"

I placed my hand on his cheek.

"what's done is done. I'm home now." I mumbled.

"that's.. that's right." he muttered, nodding.

I had never seen Tom so emotional. so hard on the edges, but so soft on the inside. a man of multiple emotions all at once.

"I thought you died." he whispered. "you didn't wake up. and the doctors.. those fucking doctors, man. they are fucking pigs. pure scheiß." he whispered, shaking his head.

I pulled back up my shirt, and pulled down just about an inch down my jean skirt.

"I'm still here." I smiled a little, looking down.

he pursed his lips, his hand going onto my waist as he rubbed the scar.

"fuck, I'm sorry." he breathed out, looking away.

"you shouldn't be embarassed." I pulled him back into a hug, watching him level down to my height to hug me properly.

"I wont bail. I wont be like that anymore." he mumbled, kissing my shoulder.

"I promise."