chapter twenty.

𝐅 𝐈 𝐎 𝐍 𝐀

I stumbled onto the jetty, panting as i grabbed my heels.

Tom chuckled behind me, his fly zipping up as he wrang out his shirt. water dripping out of it while he approached.

I adjusted the skirt on my bare skin, sighing.

I turned around, looking up at him as he slid his hand to my jawline. he leaned down, pushing his lips onto mine.

this wasn't just a kiss. this one had..

meaning.

my face softened, feeling his thumb gently rub my cold cheek. he pulled away, smiling a little.

"you look like a wet rat." he sighed, roughing up my hair as i hit his arm. he chuckled, lifting me. he pecked my lips, and started to walk down the street, the two of us talking while he did so.

everything felt so.. different. I felt safe. safe in my enemies arms. safer than i've ever felt before.

"fuck happened to you two?" Bill stood near the club, smoking.

Tom and i looked at eachother, laughing as he placed me down. "actually, don't answer that question." Bill raised his hands, walking off to his car.

Tom wrapped an arm around my waist, leading me over his black car. he pulled open the passenger seat door, his arms crossed over the window sill.

I got in, and he closed the door before getting into the drivers side. I looked out the window as he pushed the key into the ignition, and sped down the road.

I was considering visiting my mother in the ward. speak to her for a little and catch her up. maybe, though. maybe.

I got out, looking over to Tom as he closed the door, and grabbed my hand.

he looked over to Bill, and the other getting out of their cars. I rubbed my eye, the headlights blaring. tom noticed, grabbing his sunglasses and sliding them open before putting them on me. he lifted me up, nudging open the door before heading in.

Tom headed upstairs, closing his bedroom door behind him as he dropped down onto his bed with me on top of him. "you're still shitfaced, aren't you? how much did you drink, ma?"

"pft, i dunno? like..

--seven?"

"shots? of what?" he continued.

I bit my lip, pouting a little."vodka." I pecked his lips, smiling as he shook his head, laughing.

"jesus." he spoke, sighing a little as he pulled me up, gripping onto my thighs. I rested my head on his chest. I mocked him, sighing exaggeratedly.

"you know, me two or three years ago, as a teenager, i never would have though I'd choose an italian slut over a shitload of chicks i fucked."

𝐓 𝐎 𝐌

"yeah, same with all the small dicked obsese pricks i fucked. what did you look like as a teenager. did you always have these?" she picked up one of my braids. I shook my head, and lifted her off of me before heading over to my desk.

I went through my drawer, signalling her over as she came next to me. she looked down at a polaroid of Bill and I. she smirked.

"you had such a baby face."

"I know. grew out of that pretty fast," I breathed out, grabbing another set one year later as she bit her lip with a large grin.

"thats pretty fucking sexy." she looked up at me, her eyebrows raised. "better appreciate that I chose you." I lifted her, kissing her neck.

"you knew better, so you chose better."

"that's damn fucking right." I snickered, tossing her onto my bed before unbuckling my belt, and putting my knee between her legs.