chapter thirty-one.

"Get up, we're going." Enzo approached.

It had been a couple of hours. Maybe around 3 at night.

I got up, feeling him yank me forward by my wrist. I exhaled, following behind him as he went out to his car.

"You remember what we discussed, yeah?" He got in, and I did. I nodded, pursing my lips as I bounced my leg.

He pulled out a gun, setting it in the glovebox while he focused on a few hookers crossing the road.

I pursed my lips, looking down.

After awhile, we approached the place. I exhaled, watching with a spark of adrenaline, and fear filling my veins.

I watched Tom get out.

My heart sank down into my stomach. Was this what I wanted? I wanted to see him again, but.. Something, just.. I'm not sure.

Enzo got out, and I did too. I had my hand near my mouth, biting my knuckles gently.

"Remember what I said, Frances." He put his hand on my waist, stopping between the four..

four?

Bill?

I looked up at him. He didn't recognise me.

None of them did.

Since when did Bill know Tom wasn't dead? Has he known this whole time?

"Great seeing you again." Enzo stepped forward, smirking at Tom with his eyebrow raised.

Tom wasn't the same.

I knew that by the cold, deathly look on his face. Something in that stare, It was something tragic. something..

Pissed.

"Company?" Tom faced me, his brown eyes meeting mine. I felt my hand tremble before I put it behind my back. "What's your name, sweetheart?" He levelled with me, his hands on his knees.

That position brought back some memories.

"Frances. This is Frances." Enzo spoke for me, looking down at me as I nodded a little.

"fuck happened to her?" Tom grabbed my face, his thumb rubbing my cheek. I looked up at him with wide eyes. The feeling I've needed for months.

He looked me in the eye, squinting a little in a thinking way before pulling away.

"Sometimes have to beat her." He snickered. Tom narrowed his eyes at him, stepping forward.

"And you think thats fucking funny do you, you fucking cunt?" Tom pulled out his gun as Bill put a hand on his chest to hold him back.

"Stop starting shit, Enzo." Bill spoke, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What, you don't like smacking a woman around from time to time, Kaulitz?" Enzo grabbed me, turning me to face him before backhanding me to the ground.

𝐓 𝐎 𝐌

Something was..

Off.

I stepped forward, pushing my gun to his throat.

"What are you playing at, Morietti?"

A smile creeped onto his face.

"Come on, Tom?" He spoke in a whisper, looking back at the girl..

who was gone.

"Looks like she ran off. What are you going to do now? Three guesses, Enzo."

"You can blow my head off, or guess who I brang with me today? My sexy little accomplace? You should see her with her legs parted."

I froze in place, looking at Bill.

He smiled a little, looking behind Enzo with his eyes sparkling.

I furrowed my eyebrows, then looked at Enzo as a click came from the back of his head.

I stepped back.

"Fuck." Enzo spoke.

There was a loud gunshot, then the top of Enzo's head exploding off of his body. The blood, and brain went everywhere. Including,

on her.

I fucking knew it.

She stood behind his body as it fell to the ground, her hand trembling with a gun tight in her grip. She had tears in her eyes, a terrified look in her eyes.

She got down, and started to hit the remainder of Enzo. She punched, gun-whipped, and sobbed uncontrollably.

"Hey, hey," I mumbled, coming behind her as I lifted her up, holding her tight.

"You died, you fucking died and-- and they knew?! They knew you weren't.. You weren't dead?" She whispered while looking at me, tears flowing down her face with her head tilted in anger, and confusion.

Bill only found out a month ago. Gustav and Georg knew I was alive the whole time. they then told me that Fiona was very much alive, but she wasn't the same. And that she was gone. That she had ignored calls, and hadn't been around.

That's when I started to search.

She just didn't know that.

I pursed my lips, looking down.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Tom?.." She whispered. I exhaled shakily, feeling her head on my chest. "I hate you so much, and I-I hate that I need you so much right now."

"I know." I whispered.