chapter twenty-four.

60 - D A Y S

𝐅 𝐈 𝐎 𝐍 𝐀

"Infamous German mafia leader, Tom Kaulitz, dead? Kaulitz wasn't found in the fire and car accident, but police immediately recognised the well known; 'TOM' number plate. Are we safe, ladies and gentlemen? stay safe out there. This is Lizzie West signing off."

I turned off the tv, pulling my knees to my chest and breathing out slowly.

I know your out there, Tom. You couldn't just die. You wouldn't just disappear either. That isn't you, and it never was.

I got up, walking through the mansion and to the garage. "Bill?" I spoke, peeking through the door. He cleaned the grease off of his hands, and finished up with his car.

"The stupid fucking thing wont work." he muttered, sitting down as he put his head in his hands.

I looked down, then up before heading over to his car. I pulled up the hood, looking around. "Spark plugs need to be changed." I spoke, rubbing my nose bridge.

"you like mechanical stuff?"

I sat next to him, shrugging as he lit a cigarette, and took a drag. "It isn't that hard to spot out," I said quietly before continuing.

"I just fiddle around with it once and a while."

"Like a hobby?" Bill breathed out as he offered me his cigarette. "Yeah, exactly." I nodded, leaning forward as I took the it from his fingertips.

We were both a little torn. Exactly two months ago today, Tom got into the accident.

Tgings were quiet. Gustav, Georg, and Bill and constantly racing or out somewhere doing drugs. I got my cast off last week. I can barely go outside because I keep thinking Enzo will show up. I usually visit my brother's grave. Now, my mother passed away. I told her all about Tom.

"I tied my laces yesterday." I pursed my lips, looking down at my shoes. Bill's face softened, and he laughed a little before putting his head in his hands. "Took.. so, many online tutorials." I shook my head, laughing. Bill smiled a little, and glanced at me. "You know, I never saw Tom look at someone like he did with you."

I tilted my head in confusion before chuckling. "Bullshit."

"No, not bullshit. The night of the party, after the jetty, he looked at you with the softest smile. when you came down the stairs with that red top, and the jean skirt? Georg told me he stared at you like the world spun off it's axis.

-Tom never looked at anyone like that. Sure, my brother was a bit of a man whore but you know.. he's always been like that. He's very.. "Tom." but he seriously couldn't get enough of you. Especially when he marked you. That was.. bizzare." Bill muttered, shaking his head lightly.

I chuckled, smiling a little as I looked back at him in disbelief. Bill nodded, raising his eyebrows. "I think I loved him." I muttered under my breath, itching the back of my neck as he nodded slowly.

"Scary, isn't it?"

"How would you know?" I snickered a little, sniffling as I leaned over and gently nudged him.

He paused, looking down before speaking. "Because I loved my brother. Even if we sometimes fought, I still accepted him. for how.. aggressive, he was. It was scary, watching him transition into our father after he left."

"Take a toll on him?"

"He cried until he was shaking. We were children. But it still hurt him. He was always a daddy's boy, I mostly stuck to my mother." Bill quickly added, sighing.

I nodded along, my eyes flickering over him before I added on. "I thought you were actually older than Tom. Maybe it's the height." I spoke. Bill laughed, nodding. "It felt like that sometimes. It was hard to control Tom, doing stupid shit even if he was the older brother." Bill sighed, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Sounds like him." I muttered, chuckling quietly. "It really does."