Chapter Twenty Five - Inertia

Jet's POV

"Okay. Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds, and Robert Downey Jr.," Penny says.
"Fuck! Why do you hate me?" I ask, rubbing my face.
"Come on, you gotta pick!" Halle urges. "What'll it be?"
"You guys are real dicks, you know that, right?" I scoff, shaking my head.
"Stop stalling and tell us your answer," Penny forces.
"Ugh! Okay! Fine!" I exclaim. "Fuck Ryan Reynolds, marry Chris Evans, and kill RDJ."

They both aggressively gasp, grabbing their chests.

"You're gonna kill RDJ?!" Penny questions, apparently flabbergasted.
"Well, I'm sure as fuck not gonna kill Chris Evans or Ryan Reynolds!" I argue.
"But it's RDJ!" she counters.
"But it's Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds!" I insist.
"You're a monster," she grumbles, shaking her head at me.
"Oh, whatever. Tell me something I don't know," I sigh, rolling my eyes.
"Alright, your turn Penny," Halle chimes in, changing the subject. "Erm... Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, and Misha Collins."

Penny and I aggressively gasp.

"Halle, that's just cruel!" I say, shaking my head at her.
"Come on, Penny, you gotta pick!" Halle echos, smirking. "What'll it be?"
"None of them! None of the above! You can't possibly ask me to choose between three of my childhood heroes/crushes!" Penny claims.
"Bull-honky! You made me pick between three of mine!" I point out.
She sighs, "Alright... alright..." She rubs her face, dropping her hands in her lap. "Alright. Fuck Jensen, marry Jared, kill Misha." She quickly picks up her drink and begins chugging.
"You're gonna kill Misha?!" I shriek, grasping my chest.
"I'm not gonna kill Jared or Jensen!" she defends.
"But it's Misha! He's a fucking bean!" I contend.

"Alright, fine. Noah Sebastian, Oli Sykes, and Patrick Stump," Penny challenges.
My jaw drops as I grip my chest, "How DARE you?!"

The singer/frontman of Bad Omens, the singer/frontman of Bring Me the Horizon, and the singer/rhythm guitarist of Fall Out Boy. She is making me choose between the men whose music saved me. She's fucking Satan. I mean, even Rosie is whining in my lap.

"How does it fucking feel, bitch?!" Penny snaps, narrowing her eyes.
"That's not even fucking fair!" I rage.
"Join the fuckin club!" she yells. "Pick!"
"No. No, I refuse," I determine, crossing my arms against my chest.
"I wasn't allowed to refuse yours!" Penny points out.
"You already made me pick between Evans, Reynolds, and RDJ!" I remind her.
"Pick!"
"No!"
"Pick!"
"No!!!"
"If you don't pick, I'm gonna throw away your drumhead signed by Nick Folio."
"You wouldn't DARE!" I spit.
"Try me!"

Penny pushes up and starts running toward the basement.

"ALRIGHT!" I shriek, in fear for the drumhead. I spooked Rosie with that, and so she jumps out of my lap and runs over to the other side of the living room. "Alright! Chill! Jesus!"
She stops in place, turning toward me with a smirk on her face. "So..."
I sigh and rub my face. "Okay. Fuck Noah, marry Patrick, an-"
"DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT!" Halle shouts, standing.
"Kill-"
"DON'T FUCKING SAY OLI!"
"-Oli."
"YOU DID NOT!"

Our conversation dissolves into the three of us arguing over each other, bringing up choices in previous rounds to prove our points. Rosie glances between all of us, her ears flattened back against her head. At some point, Halle starts hiccuping, each interruption cracking us up a bit more than the last. After about ten of them, we are all in stitches, laughing so hard that we're silent and gasping for breath.

The front door opens, followed by the sound of Jackson kicking off his shoes and hanging his keys on the hook. I try to make myself serious and stop laughing, but I can't. Penny and Halle are definitely a bit tipsy, but not me. Obviously. Cause of the occupant in my uterus.