Her melodious voice and adorable appearance combined to make my heart race, but what really caught my attention was her proper etiquette. Even though she was a noble from another country, Lara was of royal blood and therefore didn't need to be overly polite in her greetings like Laos and Hiliya. It seemed that Hiliya knew this, as he rolled his eyes but then quickly closed them. It seemed like this wasn't the first time Lara had made a mistake.

"Issac, right? The exhibition was very well-organized considering it was put together in a hurry."

Laos approached me and spoke in a friendly manner after all the introductions were done. He still kept glancing over at Adelia.

I was momentarily surprised and nervous when he approached me with such confidence, but using informal language didn't bother me too much since Laos was of royal blood. It was only in official situations that royalty used formal language when speaking to foreign nobility.

This exhibition is more of a festival rather than an official occasion, so there is no diplomatic loss even if we speak freely.

"Thank you. Actually, our family didn't contribute much, since we received support from the palace."

"It's nice to be honest. You're like half a tourist, aren't you?"

"It's not half, it's just a tourist."

"You have a wit, unlike your blunt tone."

"If it's a compliment, I'll take it warmly."

"Hahaha, good. Good. But..."

Laos smiled warmly, but then subtly shifted his gaze to Adelia.

Now, it seemed difficult for them to meet each other's eyes as Adelia lowered her head and didn't say anything.

Her facial expressions were fully visible due to her short haircut, and it wasn't much different from before.

Hesitation, fear, concern, tension, and so on.

All sorts of complex emotions were mixed together, making it impossible to define them lightly, and she was sweating profusely like rain.

Just by looking at her, it was clear that her condition was not just bad, but serious.

And Laos looked at Adelia surreptitiously, and then asked me with a mischievous smile, as if he had thought of something amusing.

As if to prove their family ties, it was identical to Adelia's smile.

"I'm sorry for the first impression, but what's your relationship with this woman? You were holding hands just now and seemed close... maybe?"

"No, she's just a close older sister to me."

"Even if that's the case, you were holding hands affectionately."

"Our relationship is not like that."

Since it really wasn't like that, I was able to draw the line sharply. The reason I held Adelia's hand was simply because her condition was not good.

"Hmm... I see."

Laos looked at me with a blank expression after hearing my firm response. I don't know whether he believed me or just let it go, but it seemed like there wouldn't be any harm coming to me.

"Got it. So you're saying there's no relationship at all?"

"Yes. By the way, would it be okay for me to ask what kind of relationship you have with Adelia noona?"

"Well..."

When I asked the question, Adelia raised her head abruptly as if she was surprised. Then she started looking back and forth between me and Laos with trembling eyes.