Chapter 137: In Alvenheim (2)

The relationship between elves and demons is subtly complex, but it can be said that elves unilaterally dislike demons. Demons have made countless efforts to be recognized as human beings and have not discriminated against elves or any other race.

As a result, even though elves are wary of and disdain demons, demons themselves do not pay much attention to it. However, during the race war, demons did keep an eye on humans, so there was some contact between them.

If demons had not helped the human alliance, the elves' self-destruction would have caused great damage to humans as well. There are research results suggesting that the reason humans were able to use magic easily was also due to the demons' interference.

Thus, the relationship between elves and demons is subtle. Elves despise demons, who are descendants of devils, but demons simply overlook it. If Xenon's Biography had not appeared and the perception of demons remained the same, and if Alvenheim had not pursued an open policy, the conflicts between the two would have been minimal. The reason they did not confront each other, despite being wary of each other's existence, is due to the risk of mutual annihilation and the lack of justification.

However, as time passed and the world changed, the opportunity arose for the demons to move towards the light, and the elves reached out their hands, shedding their arrogance.

Although they have never clashed before, the conflict between these two polar opposites is a situation that could potentially occur someday.

"Noona, what's going on?"

"Hmm? Oh."

I approached Cecily, who was engaged in a confrontation with an elf, and called out to her. Cecily, who had been catching her breath, widened her red eyes at my appearance.

Gartz, who had been standing beside her all this time, politely nodded his head in greeting. I also returned the gesture by nodding my head in silence and refocused on Cecily.

Cecily, dressed in a pitch-black dress that complemented her hair color, exuded an aura befitting a princess. The material and delicate appearance of the dress gave the impression of being suitable for going out, but even ordinary clothing was elevated to an air of luxury when paired with her.

While I observed her attire, Cecily glanced at Marie and Rina next to me and then expressed her fatigue.

"It's nothing major. I just have a slight headache due to the immigration procedures."

"Immigration procedures..."

Upon hearing the mention of immigration procedures, I turned my head to look at the elf with whom she had been clashing. He had a handsome appearance befitting an elf, but there was a firm and sharp impression about him.

He was dressed plainly, but there was a symbol on his chest that seemed to indicate his rank. It seemed that he was one of the personnel assigned for the immigration procedures.

"Let me reiterate, please provide more concrete evidence. Even if you have a document, how will you prove its authenticity? Being a demon, you could easily forge such a trivial magical document."

"Can't you see the stamp of the queen's approval? This seal is an enchanted insignia that cannot be replicated even with magic. It's something I wouldn't be able to accomplish no matter what."

"Therefore, I request more solid proof. The queen's seal alone is far from sufficient."

I could gather a rough idea of the situation. It seems that the immigration officer is refusing entry by finding faults due to the suspicion that Cecily is a demon.

This alone would be a significant diplomatic offense, but considering the situation in Helium, it can be seen as an external pressure. As you know, Helium had to quietly endure harsh treatment from neighboring countries until the events related to Xenon's Biography unfolded.