Open Window || Chapter 122

Start from the beginning

"Oh thank god!" He spoke in relief as he got up and kissed her. Lyla just smiled before taking in her environment.

"I'll go and get the nurse." Lyla nodded trying to collect her thoughts.

     Once the doctors checked her out and made sure she was okay Lyla finally asked the question she's been dreading.

"Is my baby okay?" She practically whispered towards the nurse who just gave her a smile and reassured her he was perfectly healthy. Throughout the check up, Luca was outside of the room talking on the phone with his parents to tell them the good news. Though Lyla wasn't out for long those few hours felt like eternity to him.

     Luca made sure to also update Sofi and the rest of her close friends about her health. After the calls and updating Luca walked into the room where he smiled seeing Lyla holding their baby and staring down at him with adoring eyes. Luca walked up to Lyla and sat down in the hospital bed next to her.

     After throwing an arm over her shoulders and pulling her into him he kissed her forehead.

"He looks just like you." Luca spoke with a smile after a moment of them just watching their sleeping baby that snuggled into his mother's arms. Lyla smiled and looked up towards Luca who came down and kissed her lips.

     Lyla was kept in the hospital for observation but after a few days was cleared to finally rest in the comfort of their home. Currently Lyla was standing in the doorway of the baby's room just leaning against the doorframe enjoying the sight of Luca rocking their baby to sleep with the happiest smile playing at his lips.

After Luca had gently laid the baby down he noticed Lyla staring at him with her bright smile which made him smile harder. Once the baby was fast asleep in his crib Luca walked towards Lyla and took her hand pulling her into him holding her tightly in a warming embrace.

     Lyla melted the moment her cheek made contact with Luca's chest and she heard his calming heartbeat. For the most part since being back Lyla was mostly on bed rest which was why Luca took it upon himself to help her in every single way he could.

"Dinners downstairs do you want me to get it?" Lyla shook her head and pulled back smiling. She took Luca's hand and led him downstairs where they enjoyed dinner and each other's company.

     They had decided to watch a movie together but due to their tired state they both fell asleep. Lyla woke up due to the sound of the baby crying that came through the baby monitor but once she was near the staircase she didn't hear anything. Normally the baby's crying could be heard from where she stood but the moment she didn't hear her baby crying panic arose and the feeling of dread settled in as she ran towards the nursery. The moment she entered she screamed for Luca.

     The moment Luca heard her he shot up out of his sleep and ran upstairs where he could hear Lyla panicking. Once inside the room he noticed Lyla on the floor hugging the baby's blanket crying and screaming.

"What's wrong?" He asked from the door but when he looked towards the crib and the open window the dots connected.

"Someone took our baby!" Lyla cried uncontrollably. Luca rushed for the window but nobody could been seen.

     He rushed for his phone but came back and hugged Lyla who was still crying her eyes out on the floor. Luca was shedding tears as well but regained some composure to call 911.

"911 what's your emergency."

"Someone kidnapped our son."

......

_____

Don't kill me.😋

Xoxo,

~Thunder~

Thoughts?