𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓:𝓗𝓮'𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴

Start from the beginning

When I got to the living room, my eyes widened when Satang suddenly picked up Amara who was lying on the floor, "Amara!!!"

We hurried out of the house with Avery and we put Amara in the car to rush to the hospital, Avery was crying non-stop in the back seat, I was driving the car and Satang was next to me while carrying Amara.

"Daddy! What happened to Amara?" Avery cried uncontrollably,

"Avery– don't worry, Amara will be fine." Satang grabbed his hand just to feel him at ease.

When Fourth and Satang arrived inside the hospital, they immediately put him on the patient bed to take him to the emergency room.

"Amara!" Avery's voice was broken, he was about to run to follow Amara but I stopped him.

I fix his hair and hug him to assure,"Baby, it's okay. Amara is safe."

Avery hugged me while crying and spoke, "Daddy, my chest is aching. Isn't this where sick people are brought? Is Amara sick?" Avery asked worriedly, but I couldn't answer him.

We were sitting on the bench in the hallway and waiting for the doctor's update, Satang made Avery sleep on his shoulder while he was carrying him. After a while, auntie came and approached us.

"How's my Amara? How is she?" Auntie's concern.

"We're still waiting, the doctor hasn't come out yet." I answered sluggishly.

"We'll go home first, so Avery can rest. He looks so tired after he cry." Satang said to goodbye.

"Okay. Be careful." I nodded.

Before Satang left, I stood up from my seat to approach Avery, while he was sleeping soundly on Satang's shoulder, I pulled his hair and kissed him on the forehead.

"You take care of Avery first. Don't tell him that Amara is sick, he might worry again." my hoarse voice,

"Sure, I'll take care of him." That reassured me.

When Satang left, the doctor came out and immediately approached Fourth to ask for an update.

"Doc, how is my son?" I asked worriedly.

"You don't have to worry anymore, she is safe. His heart is weak so he had an asthma attack, she can't be feel gets tired. And based on my observation, her resistance is very weak. She gets sick easily. " The doctor answered. "Excuse me, Mr. Nattawat."

When the doctor left, Fourth couldn't stop crying because of Amara's delicate condition, she was too young to experience the pain.
_________________________

When I entered Amara's room, I didn't plan to leave her side, I sat on the chair next to her bed to watch over her all night.

I rested my head on Amara's bed next to her waist, when I felt something soft touch my cheek.

When I opened my eyes I saw the little hand,

"Daddy." Her voice was hoarse.

I immediately got up and wiped the tears from my cheeks before I faced my daughter.

"Daddy, where are we? Where's Avery?" She asked while staring at me.

"How are you? Is something hurting you? Are you okay? How are you feeling now?" A worried question that I almost sttuter to speak.

She shook his head slightly, "I'm fine. Why are you crying, daddy?"

Amara touched my cheek with her open palm, but I shook my head to reassure her. "No. I'm not crying, baby."

"But– your eyes are watering." She spoke softly, "Don't cry daddy."

"Sure, baby." I nod and smile,

The next day, Amara and I went home immediately with auntie because she didn't want to stay at the hospital without Avery.

I was watching Avery and Amara playing on the living room floor when suddenly my phone rang in my pants pocket, I immediately left the living room and answered the call away from the children.

"Hello? Who is this?" I asked when I answered the call,

While I was listening to the person I was talking to on the phone, I suddenly frowned at what I heard, "What!?"

"Fourth?" Aunty call me,

When I turned to her I saw that she was also staring at me and she asked me, "What happened?"

"We have to go back to Bangkok."

"Why is there a problem?"

"My mom– imprisoned."

"Huh!?" My auntie's jaw dropped in shock.